Why Keep A VUL Whose CV is More Than The Original Coverage.

James said:
john_petrowski said:
What we both agree retirement isn't is me not having enough money to travel and you not have enough to put gas in that RV. I'm not cynical enough to think social security won't be there but just social security would be living destitute. There's a lot of people reading this board getting into this field and they all have to remember that as an independent you have zero retirment. Better hop on that SEP as fast as you can. We all have to agree that you need to max out the IRA before you do anything else.

Or develope a source of income that continues while one is traveling somewhere doing something outside of manning the store.

Like dividends or rental income.

The Answer to the Question maybe whether you prefer to pay taxes on the income stream or not...the owner of a VUL can " borrow" 90% of the cash value at any age and its not a taxable event ...nice retirement supplement or money for tuition or nest egg to pass on..I always use the "increasing" death benefit option to make sure you get the most for your money..."tax free" income stream should by far out-weigh maintainance fees
:)

Back