Why Keep A VUL Whose CV is More Than The Original Coverage.

As I suspected - another piker with no training spouting verbal diarrhea. We're done here - I don't argue with people who clearly don't know what they're talking about. As least get trained or invest youself before you give others advice.

Then this:

James hasn't the faintest idea as to what he's talking about:

I have notice this about you before, you always the first with the personal negative comments. Esp. when you can't hold your own, such as the link to the NASD! LOL the NASD, yea that makes me laugh. Now go ask your FP'er friend what is a common theme today in the FP'ing world, which is surrendering their Securities license in favor of the IA or RIA. Wonder why?

Margin/Spread/Administrative Fee. The index-linked interest for some annuities is determined by subtracting a percentage from any gain in the index. This fee is sometimes called the “margin,” “spread,” or “administrative fee.” In the case of an annuity with a “spread” of 3%, if the index gained 9%, the return credited to the annuity would be 6% (9% - 3% = 6%).

3% isn't bad at all. Average FP'er recieves 2-3% plus Fund fees.

Plus to clear this up, I have never suggested a single investment or savings account. You seem to need to pigeon hole me and others to support your ego I suppose?

What I have done though is bring reality to your so called great returns.

James, as long as I have your attention:

You wrote the following, I would like to know why you see this as a problem (it is back on page No.1)

Plus who will be the policy owner? Will each sibling be the owner of the other policies? If so I can see disaster in that!

marcircus said:
James, as long as I have your attention:

You wrote the following, I would like to know why you see this as a problem (it is back on page No.1)

Plus who will be the policy owner? Will each sibling be the owner of the other policies? If so I can see disaster in that!

That is me, I have not yet had a wife that would be keen on the idea of a sibling having a significant LI on me much or less one with a substantial CV to it. Yet though I come from the stand point that siblings don't have financial interest or at least shouldn't unless they are bind by a business. Yet that is just me, some are like me others are not. Plus the other sibling would have access to the CV, never know what can come from that, cash and siblings simply don't mix well in my expierence.

HMMMM

OK guys it is time for a group hug!!!!! Can't we all just get along? :)

John,
Do you manage your own investments or hire a firm and/or individual?

john_petrowski said:
James said:
john_petrowski said:
Jame's, who is your EIA through so I can see the past performance.

I have a fix with AIG and a EIA through ING.

Cool. So let's compare what you have in the EIA through ING against the 80% return I've had over the past 10 years with my DRIP stocks.

From what you posted previously I'm real close to ya. The least I'm going to make is 3%, with no losses I catch up to you when you are in a loss year, as I stated it takes quite of bit of interest to catch you back up after a loss. Have you ever read the story of the Tortoise and the Hare? I love using that one with my little twist to the story!

Plus you have to figure this in, I never invest outside of my control. Yet I take my profits and save them in various of ways. I do prefer the Roth over the 401, in fact I am not actively putting any money in a 401 in the last few years. Yet my wife is so I guess that makes up for my lack of 401 funding in the last few years. In other words if I'm going to put at risk money I expect a hell of a lot more then 80% return over ten years, that isn't good. How much do you make off of your investment dollars you invest on internet leads? Really you can do better than that!

I'm thinking about investing in a lead generation "Boiler Room", I'm thinking I can easily sell leads directly to local agents once I generate more then I can handle. I would not do it if I figure that it'll take ten years to make a 80% return.

James said:
john_petrowski said:
James said:
john_petrowski said:
Jame's, who is your EIA through so I can see the past performance.

I have a fix with AIG and a EIA through ING.

Cool. So let's compare what you have in the EIA through ING against the 80% return I've had over the past 10 years with my DRIP stocks.

From what you posted previously I'm real close to ya. The least I'm going to make is 3%, with no losses I catch up to you when you are in a loss year, as I stated it takes quite of bit of interest to catch you back up after a loss. Have you ever read the story of the Tortoise and the Hare? I love using that one with my little twist to the story!

Plus you have to figure this in, I never invest outside of my control. Yet I take my profits and save them in various of ways. I do prefer the Roth over the 401, in fact I am not actively putting any money in a 401 in the last few years. Yet my wife is so I guess that makes up for my lack of 401 funding in the last few years. In other words if I'm going to put at risk money I expect a hell of a lot more then 80% return over ten years, that isn't good. How much do you make off of your investment dollars you invest on internet leads? Really you can do better than that!

I'm thinking about investing in a lead generation "Boiler Room", I'm thinking I can easily sell leads directly to local agents once I generate more then I can handle. I would not do it if I figure that it'll take ten years to make a 80% return.

It's all just about assett allocation. I have a SEP IRA, stocks, mutual funds and a money market. I would never just throw every cent I have into one investment vehicle. A EIA might be included in someone's portfolio, but should not be the entire portfolio.

My father cleaned up on Chrysler stock. I have three stocks that exploded and the returns have been insane - so far outweighing any losses I've had. Good stock investing returns on average 20% per year, yet most people never do any research. Ironically, they buy high when a stock is hyped. Ummmmm, you're supposed to buy low. But stocks aren't touted on morning news shows when it's low.

The honest truth is not to listen to any of the non sense. By the time you hear that a stock is doing really well you're a day late an a dollar short.

But because no one feels like doing any homework they simply bury their head in the sand and relagate themselves to 6% and justify it by saying "at least I won't lose anything." I feel sorry for those people. They won't have crap when it comes time to retire.

We live in a world of instant gratification. People want to judge their invesments on quarterly reports. I throw my quarterly reports in the trash. Why do I care what my quarterly return is when I'm in it for the next 20 years?

Money magazines are all designed to do one thing - keep investors moving their money around so the industry makes fees. This is why that mutual fund that was touted so highly one year is garbage the next year and you should dump it. Just bought a stock for $25 a share and it's down to $23? Dump it and take your losses; ie, buy new stock so the industry makes fees. It's all just a big con and if you know not to play their stupid game you can make a fortune.

Back