Why Motivation is Hurting Your Productivity

I never understood the whole Tony Robbins motivational seminar thing - why do you need to be told common-sense ideas? Attack each day! Apply yourself! Don't let anyone get in your way! Etc.

The thing is, people listen to that stuff, and yet they never actually change their habits or daily activities to cause a change in their production.

I like the old Nike slogan - Just Do It.

well said.

:yes::yes::yes::yes::yes:

Motivation is just a push to do something...

Back to basics
Try something new
Look at a common thing a different way (or think outside the box)
Etc...

But that is the thing, motivation is just designed to point you in the right direction, you still have to make the move to get going.

As Mr. Ed about Nike, just do it. If you won't, your competition will. To further the Nike reference...

Last edited by a moderator:
I know a consistent producer who earns great money in our business. A group of us asked him how he stays so motivated and has so much energy because this guy really is a machine. He said every morning he wakes up he always reads one thing no matter what and this is what he told us:

"Every day in Africa a gazelle wakes up.
It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be killed.

Every morning a lion wakes up. It knows that it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve to death.

It doesn’t matter whether you are a lion or a gazelle.
When the sun comes up, you better be running."

In the words of the great Napoleon Hill:

The emotion of sex stands at the head of the list of the human emotions, as far as intensity and driving force are concerned.

The brain which has been stimulated by the emotion of sex functions at a much more rapid rate than it does when that emotion is absent.

If thoughts of sex didn't stop coming to mind all day I would be better motivated!;)

Back