Why set up an MEC instead of IUL?

and in many cases it will be equal to or greater than the amount paid to found the policy
It better be in all cases. Why in the world would the death benefit ever be less than the amount paid in. If it is a sizeable amount better than a CD would do to life expectancy, it is unsuitable for any agent to even suggest as a product.

I can see it as a strategy for some.
You are still getting tax deferred growth and the db (tax free) is still a multiple of premiums paid.
I would think a single ay is the best way to do this.

What carriers these days (mutual - div paying) still offer a true single premium whole life policy?

What carriers these days (mutual - div paying) still offer a true single premium whole life policy?

I believe American National, Pekin, mutual of Omaha, Gerber, some fraternals like Knights of Columbus, Assurity, SBLI, NY Life, Foresters, Mass Mutual. I believe Guardian has one rich in PUAR values. Several of the Farm Bureaus throughout the US do.

NY Life and Penn have life paid up in any year.
If you took a ten pay and put 10 premiums in year one, it would be a similar but not the same as a true single pay.
Van Mueller has been around over 40 years, as have his clients.
I don't think what the does on a daily basis, will get a lot of traction unless you are in that older age market.

Back