Will This Stack Get You More Referrals?

I made that mistake before.

Now I don't mention the gift when I ask for referrals or reviews. I just send it with the thank you note.

I think it works well that way. People don't feel bribed, they just feel appreciated.

Worked so well I stopped doing it. Thank you for the reminder.

I used to keep thank you cards an gift cards in my desk drawer. I just stopped doing that for some reason.

Instead of paying $10 post 1st referral, which I think poisons 2nd and 3rd referrals, why dont you try this. For each referral they make, you donate $10 to a charity. Or better, you volunteer 1 hour feeding the homeless. Or you pay for a meal. And then take a picture and send a thank you email with the picture. Thanks for your 3 referrals this year in CT, I helped 3 low income families with dinner. I hope you will keep me busy volunteering in 2018.

It will cost you about the same time and money, but your net referrability will definitely go up. It is more cost effective than buying leads.

Since you are working with an older age group, any female that refers you business should get a personal call on valentines day. It will make their day and they will remember you better during the year. Amazon coupon is more relevant to a younger age group anyway.

Instead of paying $10 post 1st referral, which I think poisons 2nd and 3rd referrals, why dont you try this. For each referral they make, you donate $10 to a charity.

I don't think $10 is enough to poison subsequent referrals. I'm only sending the gift cards to people who like me enough to refer me without any monetary incentive.

I've noticed that I've received more second and subsequent referrals since I started this practice. The quality seems to be the same.

Unfortunately it has no impact on first referrals.

I assume that some of the Amazon gift certificates go to grandchildren, but nowadays 64 year olds buy from Amazon "on the regular."

I'm not messing with Valentine's Day. I'm allergic to bullets.

Worked so well I stopped doing it. Thank you for the reminder.

I used to keep thank you cards an gift cards in my desk drawer. I just stopped doing that for some reason.

I now have mine personalized, but the blank ones work just as well.

Target : Expect More. Pay Less.

I insert a business card and a business card refrigerator magnet in each one. Of course I affix a stamp also. The total cost is about a buck without the gift card.

HAND WRITE the recipient's address. DO NOT include a return address. Mmm-Poss-ible not to open.

You can't beat the ROI. If your client stays with you one extra month because of the card or refers you just once you've 20-xed to 2,000-xed your money.

Magnetic calendars worked very well for me as well. They were about 3x8". I would get calls from ladies saying they got my number from their friend's refrigerator calendar.
Something else I used to do was print a "My important numbers" "in case of emergency call" card with "My insurance agent" information on the bottom.

I still have people tell me they have those.

These were mostly seniors. And back when I was doing a lot more FE. And working a lot of orphans.

I may have these printed up again. One call in pays for the year's worth.

My sister, who is a piano teacher, likes magnetic calendars. She and I talked about this just two days ago.

They work for her and have worked for you, but as I told her, I don't want prospects to throw my contact information away just because it's January.

But if the magnet is strong enough to hold up their grandkids pictures, the content may not matter much.

I just use a business card magnet. One of the reasons is how little it costs to mail.

I can mail 3 sheets of paper, a business card, a magnet and a rack card with a forever stamp. It is almost exactly one ounce.

A
My sister, who is a piano teacher, likes magnetic calendars. She and I talked about this just two days ago.

They work for her and have worked for you, but as I told her, I don't want prospects to throw my contact information away just because it's January.

But if the magnet is strong enough to hold up their grandkids pictures, the content may not matter much.

I just use a business card magnet. One of the reasons is how little it costs to mail.

I can mail 3 sheets of paper, a business card, a magnet and a rack card with a forever stamp. It is almost exactly one ounce.
A lot of ways to do what we do.

Starting to show people my card and then taking it back from them walking it right over the the fridge and putting it right about where I think they keep the ice cream.

BTW... this is a good thread to read as you attempt to get your gray juices churning about 2018 marketing ideas as it applies to current client base. Keep the ideas flowing. Thanks.

BTW... this is a good thread to read as you attempt to get your gray juices churning about 2018 marketing ideas as it applies to current client base. Keep the ideas flowing. Thanks.

I prefer to work with people that already have and value life insurance. Whether they own it with me or someone else. I will officially or unofficially AOR a family's policies in a heart beat. Assuming they are the type of clients I want to do business with. They then become inventory.

Back