Will This Stack Get You More Referrals?

A lot of ways to do what we do.

I agree. It is way more important to have a player at every position than it is to have the best player at some and none at others.

But now that I see how much business I've left on the table for decades, I look at other businesses differently.

Besides your dentist, who stays in touch?

Mechanic? Nope.
Car dealer? Nope.
Real estate agent? Nope.

Anybody... ?

I often have to hunt to find contact information for businesses I want to work with again.

Sometimes that drives me to the googles, where I see all their competitors. I'd never even look at their competitors if they sent me a regular email, postcard or whatever.

(That reminds me. Feb 14th is coming up. I think I'll send flowers to my wife's office on Feb 1. I'll tell her she deserves more than one Valentine's Day. Good marketing preempts the competitors even when you're the incumbent. It also becomes more necessary when your product is older and less attractive.)

Sometimes we reconnect. Sometimes I select a competitor because I can't remember their name. Sometimes I see a better offer.

But if I had a refrigerator magnet or something else, I'd be happier because I wouldn't have to waste time looking for their phone number. And they'd be happier because they'd get more of my money.

I'm starting the year by sending a magnifier to each of my existing MA/medigap clients. It is light enough to mail with a thank you note and a two business cards.

https://www.inkhead.com/promotional-products/p1/search/17944/

FYI: I found a graphic designer on elance years ago. She designed my logo and established my color pallet.

Since she already had the logo and other design elements, she created the graphic for the magnifier for $50.

You can create a good design using, for example, the templates on Vistaprint. However, if you want all your stuff (online and off) to have the same "look and feel" you need to develop a relationship with a graphic artist.

I recommend finding someone on upwork or something similar who is from an English speaking country.

The lady I work with now lives in Texas.

I found the language barrier too hard to deal with when I worked with other graphic designers. I paid less in dollars, but more in time and aggravation.

Back