Will this work... ?

Life Hawk

Guru
5000 Post Club
upload_2018-5-18_15-1-56.png

The above is a "lead card tracking sheet" that I created to help track leads as they come to me. I wold like any feed back that anyone would like to give.

Goals:
  • Capture leads as they come through and tag them - will number them as well as track the invoice # (batch #) to insure I received all the leads I purchased
  • The date the lead was received along with lead company it was purchased through
  • The bottom boxes are provided to capture dates and notes on the lead as it is processed and attempts are made to contact the prospect.
I want to stay away from entering every lead into my CRM until they become a good prospect or client.

I will take the created sheet and place it in a sheet protector, and when I receive the original lead cart I will attache it over the lead card image on the sheet.

This allows the leads to be kept in a 3 ring binders and classify them according to locations.

1. Does anyone do something similar to this?
  2. Does this method seem like it might work well?
  3. What have I missed, or what can be added to improve upon the idea.
Thank you for your kind and well thought responses.

Do you really trust leads from a company that scams people into thinking they are inquiring about a government-backed program that will pay for their funeral?

I throw those solicitations into the trash, unless they are postage page return. Then I fill in a phony name and address and send it back.

If a company sent out solicitations saying "Hey, we sell life insurance. If you want some, fill in the card and we'll be in touch," those are the kind of leads I'd buy.

Do you really trust leads from a company that scams people into thinking they are inquiring about a government-backed program that will pay for their funeral?

I throw those solicitations into the trash, unless they are postage page return. Then I fill in a phony name and address and send it back.

If a company sent out solicitations saying "Hey, we sell life insurance. If you want some, fill in the card and we'll be in touch," those are the kind of leads I'd buy.
I like to take the ones that come in magazines that are blank and fill in the name and address of of people I don't like and send them in.

I don't just like to stir up sh*t on the Forum, I like to stir it up in real life too. :yes:

jdeasy made a post some months back about filing his incoming leads by location. Maybe by county, I'm not sure.

He bought x leads a week, filed them in location groups, and then when he decided what area to work for a given week, he pulled the leads for that area and worked on his appointments.

I don't know how to relocate that thread right off. It seems like he may have had a card system of some type rather than using the larger sheets and the extra work of sheet protectors and binders.

jdeasy made a post some months back about filing his incoming leads by location. Maybe by county, I'm not sure.

He bought x leads a week, filed them in location groups, and then when he decided what area to work for a given week, he pulled the leads for that area and worked on his appointments.

I don't know how to relocate that thread right off. It seems like he may have had a card system of some type rather than using the larger sheets and the extra work of sheet protectors and binders.
He covered that in the Dave Duford interviews. Might be easier for you to find that.

View attachment 4386

The above is a "lead card tracking sheet" that I created to help track leads as they come to me. I wold like any feed back that anyone would like to give.

Goals:
  • Capture leads as they come through and tag them - will number them as well as track the invoice # (batch #) to insure I received all the leads I purchased
  • The date the lead was received along with lead company it was purchased through
  • The bottom boxes are provided to capture dates and notes on the lead as it is processed and attempts are made to contact the prospect.
I want to stay away from entering every lead into my CRM until they become a good prospect or client.

I will take the created sheet and place it in a sheet protector, and when I receive the original lead cart I will attache it over the lead card image on the sheet.

This allows the leads to be kept in a 3 ring binders and classify them according to locations.

1. Does anyone do something similar to this?
  2. Does this method seem like it might work well?
  3. What have I missed, or what can be added to improve upon the idea.
Thank you for your kind and well thought responses.
Seems like a waste of time... Why not use the lead itself in a "one card" system.. Track it through the process and make notes concerning it on the back of the lead. Once you make a sale, then enter into CRM and ditch the lead.

Seems like a waste of time... Why not use the lead itself in a "one card" system.. Track it through the process and make notes concerning it on the back of the lead. Once you make a sale, then enter into CRM and ditch the lead.
That's the way I've always done it, only I don't ditch the card. I keep using it to make notes on, and when I move them to another Med Supp or cross sell. If I run out of room, I staple another index card to it.

Thanks for the input guys this far... just fishing around for ideas that others use... it helps make the forum a think tank for those of use who are looking for new ideas.

You just described over 50% of the FE industry.

Many state attorney generals are starting to crack down on that type of lead card. Most states have laws about insurance advertising that is misleading. Specifically, when it mentions "government benefits" in a life insurance ad... especially when it never actually states the product being sold.

Many insurance carriers have marketing regulations that prohibit agents using stuff like that too.

But that cards is not half as bad as some that are out there. Still misleading and against most state and carrier ad guidelines, imo.

Last edited:

I like the one card system too. I wish I still had my old one card box that NYL gave me.

But most CRMs are made for both prospects and clients. I think the OP just wants some type of "pre-filter" so he isnt wasting time loading crap leads into the system.

Back