Will You Offer Health Ministry Plans in 2018?

Discussion in 'Health Care Reform Forum' started by Yagents, Aug 22, 2017.

?

Will you offer Health Ministry Plans in 2018?

Poll closed Yesterday at 10:54 AM.
  1. Yes, because it's a great solution

10.7%
  2. Yes, but reluctantly

10.7%
  3. No, because it's not major medical

17.9%
  4. No, for a host of other reasons

42.9%
  5. Undecided as of now

17.9%
  1. Yagents

Yagents Guru

State:
    Arizona
    Will you offer Health Ministry Plans in 2018?

Why or why not?

Discuss

2. STIBROKER

STIBROKER God Moderator

State:
    Texas
    no......its not insurance.....and most of my clients are hethans......

3. insurance5511

insurance5511 Super Genius

State:
    Georgia
    I lost clients last year to these plans. How do they work?

4. candice84

candice84 New Member

Yes, I offer them now and will continue to. They're great alternatives for people that aren't getting any subsidy for health coverage, or are in areas where there is limited plan availability.

5. taterpeeler

taterpeeler Guru

State:
    Texas
    yea.. but what about the provisions regarding no job coverage or no cancer coverage for 12 months or no recreational accidents or illness covered? I only looked at 1 plan and saw this

6. alphawave2k

alphawave2k Super Genius

State:
    Georgia
    It it works as touted they are an affordable alternative. The caveat is that it's not real insurance, and if someone had the unfortunate luck of getting extremely ill or having to file high $ claims, would it pay out?
    I'd like to hear of cases where such a situation occurred, and the "promise" to pay actually occurred. What are some of the biggest claims paid out? That would be interesting and instrumental knowing.

7. candice84

candice84 New Member

Thats where your supplements come in. Keep in mind, this is product for healthier people that are paying WAY too much for health coverage. Example, I sold a family of 4 very healthy, they were paying $2800 a month for health coverage. I set them up with a health plan for $790 a month. And an accident and critical illness supplement for $150.

----------

That's where your supplements come in. Keep in mind, this is product for healthier people that are paying WAY too much for health coverage. Example, I sold a family of 4 very healthy, they were paying $2800 a month for health coverage. I set them up with a health plan for $790 a month. And an accident and critical illness supplement for $150

----------

I don't know the biggest claim they have ever paid. I know just recently they paid out a $210,000 claim for someone that had a heart attack. Btw I'm new to this forum so I'm sorry if I'm not posting these properly.

8. STIBROKER

STIBROKER God Moderator

State:
    Texas
    and if it is from smoking.....denied......you get in a car accident and been drinking....denied.....

9. candice84

candice84 New Member

Yes that is pretty accurate. They also don't cover per-existing conditions for hospitalization for 24 months, but they will still allow anybody to be on the plan.

10. kgmom219

kgmom219 Guru

State:
    Texas
    No.

No.

No.

These are not insurance plans. If you have them and your baby gets cancer, you aren't going to MD Anderson or one of the Children's. They will laugh at you and your Medishare plan.

If you get a "non-Christian" diagnosis, due to behavior before your were Christian, are they going to pay the claims?

If you are a non-smoker, but one of the 25% that get lung cancer, are they going to pay the claims?

I especially like hearing how people can't "afford" real insurance, buy this crap, then post pictures of the DisneyWorld vacation later.

And it REALLY annoys me that ACA Indy doesn't have pre-ex with no MEC, so these people drive up the rates of those having insurance when they jump in/out to the ACA pool due to being sick.

Most important? Matthew 7:1-3