Work Life Balance - the unwind side?

WinoBlues

Guru
5000 Post Club
I saw a post on a Facebook page that asked about burnout. Burnout, Slump, Depression, The wall. Whatever we call it many of us have hit it more than once. Been a while for me.

I know guys that run, bike, kayak, sing, karaoke and a lot of other stuff. What are some ideas and what do you do.

Me, I like to road trip regularly and for the last few years fly a few times a year. And chase live bands in small venues and see historic sites I haven't seen.

I may quit working in a few years. But not quit yet. I get bored. And I can not abandon my people.

New agents - slumps and burnout are real. And they hurt.

Road trips, like you take are good. We need some variety in our life to get away from our regular routines.
True.

I have a buddy that is a woodworker. He writes some larger life cases. He has a shop full of the best equipment. He is a great Life agent but the absolute worst woodworker. But, that's his escape.

I am sitting in a restaurant having breakfast. A couple of tables over is a family. The guy looks several years younger than me. The wife and daughter are gently feeding him. Looks like a stroke.

My youngest brother had a major stroke at 59. Right side and speech gone till he died.

I think I need to fill up my gas tank.

Do it, till can't.

I am in that slump. Two big cases went south, my lead vendor, who once was good, now sucks and I am seriously considering working as a captive agent selling FE over the phone. Please someone tell me to stop it and get out there selling again....and I'm sorry about your brother, really. Lost mine a few years back, really makes you think about how important our job is selling life insurance.

I am in that slump. Two big cases went south, my lead vendor, who once was good, now sucks and I am seriously considering working as a captive agent selling FE over the phone. Please someone tell me to stop it and get out there selling again....and I'm sorry about your brother, really. Lost mine a few years back, really makes you think about how important our job is selling life insurance.

I have been in some deep ruts and slumps were I could not give it away. Honestly though it has been years. But yeah, they hurt. Everyone works it different. Some people double down and power through. Others take a few days away to refresh.

Sometimes I just needed to talk to people that liked me or at least didn't hate me. My book of business. I would just start calling through it. "Hi Sue, this is Wino Blues your Life Insurance guy, how are you?" I would just ask them about bene changes, and do a quick review of what they have and why they bought it. Then start doing add-ons. Just have to be careful that you control the time. My goal was to get them to ask me for more Insurance. I wanted to be their guy. That is how I would up being 95% phone.

I was sole support for a wife and three kicks. The pressure was there. I almost quit and got a J O B a few times. I am so glad I am not good employee material.

Now I am mostly FU. Longer process, but much larger cases and very few time wasters.

Your best lead list is in your file cabinets. Someone is going to contact them.

Thanks, I needed that and funny you brought that up, I just took down my client folders and thought I get my crap together tomorrow, stop with the stinking thinking and call for exactly that, bene changes and any updates they may have. Thanks again, I know I can be successful again, I have to be, I am also the sole supporter.

Back