Working FEX Part Time

Caveat, I am NOT an agent.

I reread your post several times.

This
"....why knock yourself out if you don't have to?"
stood out.

I am being what jdeasy calls "a suit" with this comment, but it seems to me that attitude has the potential to cause some difficulty for you, regardless of the number of hours per day or week you choose to engage in an effort to sell stuff.

(I am speaking out of a background of failed part time door to door sales in another field while I was in college.)
“Desk jockey” not suit. :yes:

I'm rereading "Psychology of Selling" by Brian Tracey. If you haven't read it... your missing it. (When you order on Amazon, put "Life Hawk" in the promo code area... I get a $5 Wal Mart gift card each time you do. :laugh:)

Far too few agents (especially those who are new) can articulate the psychology behind sales for both agent and client. This fundamental disconnect is why I believe that so many folks fail out... even those who where selling like pro's.

I do not believe that part-time efforts are good options for new agents... especially in F2F sales. You cannot dabble in the mental energy required to perform part time. Some of our toughest mental hurdles are not while selling, but in the down time we experience. ...but then again I'm not Freud.

Caveat, I am NOT an agent.

I reread your post several times.

This
"....why knock yourself out if you don't have to?"
stood out.

I am being what jdeasy calls "a suit" with this comment, but it seems to me that attitude has the potential to cause some difficulty for you, regardless of the number of hours per day or week you choose to engage in an effort to sell stuff.

(I am speaking out of a background of failed part time door to door sales in another field while I was in college.)
Southwestern Books?

Good one!! :D
Used to drive Chase nuts that I only worked 3 days a week.

And I don’t know why you laugh, it was Tubbs that taught folks to schedule on 2 days and work 2 full days in the field.

I just upped it to 3 and not full days. Plus paying for an appt setter. Bought 30 direct mail leads and 20-40 tm leads a week.

Appt setter filled those 3 days with appointments. 15ish appts a week.

Plus I wrote so much trans direct express, I was making $4000 a month as earned just from them by the time I came out of the field.

Somebody up-thread mentioned Brian Tracy. One of his sales books was the first I ever read. I think Tubbs recommended it back then. Tracy said to figure out your hourly rate and hire people for any job that would be less than that.

That’s when I hired the appt setter.

Not a lot of people are willing to spend that much on leads and pay a setter.

It’s what I did.

I was successful, twice, selling final expense part-time (I failed out in-between that).

With that said, we don't recruit part-timers.

They take the same amount of time to train and make us a fifth of the override.

Plus, most are inclined to pivot back to the safe route when the going gets tough. In other words, they aren't "all in" like a full-timer is.

I was successful, twice, selling final expense part-time (I failed out in-between that).

With that said, we don't recruit part-timers.

They take the same amount of time to train and make us a fifth of the override.

Plus, most are inclined to pivot back to the safe route when the going gets tough. In other words, they aren't "all in" like a full-timer is.
But you are proof it can br done if a person has te desire.

Back