Working FEX Part Time

The funniest one is the guy that tries to recruit every single one of them to his million dollar idea of selling “living benefit insurance” to rich people.

It’s all about what you do with your time. This is my testimony my friend. I love both positions . This is why .

My kids are grown now and in The RV industry as well and it’s a huge connection. Each of them have other gigs as well.

I’ve been in the insurance industry for 16 years and I get renewals and have repeat business if that tells you anything. The Insurance is what is going to basically pay for my retirement on a residual income.

Again this is the testimony I wrote.

Kicking It and Changing Lives!

Hi Chris, and my insurance forum friends.

I do have a July and life victory report. It’s more of a story and a testimony that may help someone else out.

I decided to enter the insurance industry in 2008 but let’s backup a little. I started in the RV industry in 2003, and I still am. However, in 2008, there was a downturn, just like everything else, and I picked an industry that I thought isn’t going to fail. So I did the insurance thing also still am.

Anyway, I started out selling to those who believe in “Dave Ramsey”. Production in the RV market picked up in 2009, so a lot of my clients went back to work and started buying houses, toys, etc.

Again, in 2010, another downturn left me looking in my rear view mirror with many cancellations and lapses due to the belief that what was more important is keeping cars and toys over family protection.

But get this! This was actually a blessing in disguise. I would follow up on those who canceled and lapsed, trying to save them with no to little avail.

Here's where the blessing came in.

I would get several comments like “Rob, I had to let my insurance go but my dad, or mom, or uncle just got laid off and he/she is 62 years old and they just took an early retirement. Now they need life insurance”. I did take these referrals and discovered the hardships of this market.

When sitting across the table from these clients, a few had tears literally coming down their cheek stating “Look, I’m going to be real. I have been let go from my job and I’m 62 years old, now who’s going to hire me at this age for only a couple of years? I don’t think anyone will, so I cashed in my 401k and paid off my house and debts because I didn’t want my kids paying my bills. Now, all I have is income from social security. I lost all my benefits from work, including my insurance, and I don’t want my family worrying about paying to put me in the ground when they have their own struggles and worries. I need something, and I only have this much a month to pay. So can you help me?”

Being fairly new as I started asking health questions, I realized I needed something that was an easy issue.

Lo and behold, I discovered Simplified Issue Whole Life! I drew up an itinerary of health questions as my guide of what companies would accept them.

You get my point.

I have been in the RV industry at JAYCO for 21 years now. I’ve been in production, service, product design and development, research and development, and a foreman. I love the industry and will retire from it, but this leads me to my other part of my victory!

Both these industries are lifestyle industries, I love them both. However, the RV industry is demanding on the body, where the only demand on the insurance industry is commitment. You see, both of these industries change lives. However, the RV industry is reliant on the market, but there is always a need for insurance no matter what the market is.

That’s my story.

Now, here is my testimony of this victory report, which actually takes place over 16 years and counting.

Are you ready?

You can be in the insurance industry even if you have another job. There are many people who need help and few people to make a commitment to provide the service to fill the need.

Thank you for reading.
You really aren’t part time. You have 2 full time jobs.

But your success is defined by you. Not anyone else.

You seem very satisfied with what you do, how you do it and the results.

Enough so that you want to share your story.

Good on you for that!!:yes::yes:

You really aren’t part time. You have 2 full time jobs.

But your success is defined by you. Not anyone else.

You seem very satisfied with what you do, how you do it and the results.

Enough so that you want to share your story.

Good on you for that!!:yes::yes:
Thank you so much for understanding what I said my forum friend. It’s what you do with your time. My leads were generated not only by my industry friends but do not call list from mutual for $50 for 1000 or 3000 names and called with a script which actually came from some of Cody Askins scripts and others. Door knocking on Saturdays in the front end. Mainly by zips I wanted to work . Now it’s more so keeping in touch with the current clients and asking them to rate me on google maps after 1 year of service. It’s easy if you just stay busy. Again it’s what you do with your time.

You could certainly do better with your time by ditching the Askins crap.

That dude is a phony.

If you are actually selling using his so called system then you are doing more than he did with it. :1wink:

People who have already sold insurance successfully can go down to part-time and make money with no big problem. But someone working a full-time job and thinking they will make a go of learning insurance on nights and weekends are a million to one.

And those are always the ones on Facebook looking for salary plus commission, free leads, great training and an open-release. 😂 It’s fun watching the FFL bottom of the pyramid recruiters fight over them.
Agreed. Many of us could go to part-time and still net 6 figures. But that's not realistic for these new agents who think they can do the same.

I've seen many of them ask that exact question: Can I sell insurance for 15 - 20 hours a week and make 6 figures?

Latest posts

Back