Working from Home

JMP

I'm currently a captive multi-line agent considering becoming an independent life/health agent. When looking for carrier appointments will they care if I prefer to work from home? I'm trying to avoid the overhead I currently carry as a multi-line agent.

Thanks for your help.

Yep...they wont care one bit. I've met people at their home, a restaurant, soccer game and even at a rest stop. Loved it when I sold insurance, but it takes discipline. Yes...there are many companies that you do everything over the phone or parameds can assist as well with some paperwork. However, you will run across people that want to meet face-to-face which is nice to get out into the world rather than staying at home all the time.

When looking for carrier appointments will they care if I prefer to work from home?

You may lose one or two who are old school and insist on meeting in an office space, but what you save by doing away with the brick and mortar, will more than compensate from those minor losses.

People's faces are in their phones. If they can do it online from the comfort of their home, they will.

Don't know about P&C but when it comes to selling Life and Health, having an office doesn't seem to have any effect. I had an office for years but when I quit recruiting agents, I moved back to the house.. Didn't seem to affect production at all from the client's perspective at all. .
The only disadvantage is there were (are) times I would find things to do around the house rather than working. I find myself starting much later in the day.

Great I will not mind referring the ones who want to meet to another agent. Gotta get the test taken soon
Yep...they wont care one bit. I've met people at their home, a restaurant, soccer game and even at a rest stop. Loved it when I sold insurance, but it takes discipline. Yes...there are many companies that you do everything over the phone or parameds can assist as well with some paperwork. However, you will run across people that want to meet face-to-face which is nice to get out into the world rather than staying at home all the time.

I had an office, no one ever came. I don't sell much health insurance locally but occasionally I get a person who wants to meet F2F. I use my 'satellite office' which has food, good coffee and free wifi. It's also locally owned and operated. Never been a problem and if it is a problem I really don't need the sale anyway.

My Satellite Office:

-First_Street_Coffee_Excha-20000000001641089-500x375.jpg

I had an office, no one ever came. I don't sell much health insurance locally but occasionally I get a person who wants to meet F2F. I use my 'satellite office' which has food, good coffee and free wifi. It's also locally owned and operated. Never been a problem and if it is a problem I really don't need the sale anyway.

My Satellite Office:

-First_Street_Coffee_Excha-20000000001641089-500x375.jpg

I just delivered a policy this a.m. using a very similar office setup....

Back