Working Web Leads!

What is a better investment "shared leads at $15.00 each" or "exclusive leads at $35.00 each"?

The problem with shared leads is you are told that the leads will not be shared with no more than 2-3 agents. The truth is, they're shared with every agent signed up with your zip code for the company.

The problem with shared leads is you are told that the leads will not be shared with no more than 2-3 agents. The truth is, they're shared with every agent signed up with your zip code for the company.

Hey Arthur,
How are you sure about that? With aged leads all over the place an "exclusive" lead could be an aged lead in 3 days! Also a shared lead is distributed "live" to the 3-5 agents at once. [& yes, depending on the integrity of the lead vendor could still end up as an aged lead unfortunately:( ]

Exclusive may be Exclusive to ABC lead vendor but what makes one think the consumer is "happy" with only 1 quote? Would you be? I know what we've discovered & from personal experience, but also interested in others thoughts/opinions on this.

Thanks,

How are you sure about that? With aged leads all over the place an "exclusive" lead could be an aged lead in 3 days! Also a shared lead is distributed "live" to the 3-5 agents at once. [& yes, depending on the integrity of the lead
vendor could still end up as an aged lead unfortunately:( ]

Bob,
On second thought, I should not have made a blanket statement. I spent 4+ years with internet leads and I was dealing with only Life & LTC. I found that there are very few vendors offering exclusive leads, which would always be my first choice. However, I realize, that in this business, the word exclusive for the lead purchaser does not stop a consumer from contacting 6 different websites and dealing with many, many agents.

But, I do have experience with websites who claim that their shared leads are limited to no more than 2 or 3 agents. I receive a real-time lead, call the lead within seconds of receipt and always hear "You're the 10th person who called"

I have also received confirmation from someone with a major internet lead company (who everyone is aware of) that they sell their shared leads to as many agents that have signed up in a particular area.

So, maybe it's just me, but for Life & LTC I don't have good feelings about internet leads. There very well may be honest vendors out there but I've had a difficult time in finding them.

There is no such thing as an exclusive lead. An honest legitimate broker can sell you some of their leads and promise not to sell them to anybody else. That's as close as you're going to get because there is always a risk that on their own, they will check another website.

Hey Arthur,
How are you sure about that? With aged leads all over the place an "exclusive" lead could be an aged lead in 3 days! Also a shared lead is distributed "live" to the 3-5 agents at once. [& yes, depending on the integrity of the lead vendor could still end up as an aged lead unfortunately:( ]

Exclusive may be Exclusive to ABC lead vendor but what makes one think the consumer is "happy" with only 1 quote? Would you be? I know what we've discovered & from personal experience, but also interested in others thoughts/opinions on this.

Thanks,

I think it depends...is the agent an independent or captive agent?

If they are independent and represent multiple companies, consumers are getting multiple quotes from one call.

If the agent represents 1 company, they are at a disadvantage as soon as they swipe their credit card when buying shared leads as consumer is getting multiple quotes.

I think it depends...is the agent an independent or captive agent?

If they are independent and represent multiple companies, consumers are getting multiple quotes from one call.

If the agent represents 1 company, they are at a disadvantage as soon as they swipe their credit card when buying shared leads as consumer is getting multiple quotes.

I'd also say it depends:) Plus I'm not sure the consumer sees it that way...

I've seen headlines in the past 25 years that talked about the demise of the IA and later the captive. I read these days that "brick & mortar" agents are going away to be replaced by the internet. I say that the only thing more unreliable than those that try to predict trends is the weather man:) But hey, he's at least getting better as technology improves!

Personally, as an agent that spent most of my career as a captive agent, I don't consider IA's to be that much of a problem. Even back in the day when x-dating, I considered those that had "no-name" insurers on their auto insurance cards pretty easy to pick off unless I was way out of the ball park on price, after all was said & done. I didn't have to sell the Insurance company, only myself & my agency.

But hey, others are welcome to have a different opinion/experience.:idea:

I have not seen any research that asks the consumer if they would rather have 1 agent representing multiple companies call them or have multiple agents calling them....if you have anything would love to see it.

My own beliefs based on experience are that consumers would rather have 1 informed agent showing them multiple companies, and educating consumer as to why company "A" is the best choice for them, vs. having multiple agents bombard them.

regardless of whether agent likes shared or exclusive, a couple of consumer behavior studies here give agents some great insight.

The Evolving Life Insurance Buyer | Think Insights with Google

LIFE Foundation | Life Insurance Purchasing Habits Changing as One in Four Consumers Now Prefer to Buy Direct

Give an example of "good phone". I buy leads and when I call them 98% of the time there i no answeror those that do answer are frustrated because they are receiving calls from multiple agents, or they are either not interesed or they did not request information and they hang up on me . I don't know what to do anymore. I am questioning myself. What am I doing/saying wrong?

Back