Would You Write This Guy? He Will Cancel 2 Months in

What he's trying to do IMO is unethical. " Once I get the job cancel the insurance, even though I know its required FOR the job." Its a waste of time, and IMO unethical.

He is a customer. Sure you should write it for him. I would charge a small fee. He does need to know you will have to notify Cert holders when he cancels. If he ask you not to do that then no I would not write it.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
He just wants me to show them he has coverage. Then when he gets awarded. He will cancel it.

Just read this. No way would I write this. I would be concerned doing business with him on anything. I couldnt trust any information he provides on his other insurance.

Last edited:
I would count my fingers after shaking hands with this dude.

It 'appears', either:
a) You don't know him well enough to know that doing business with someone with his ethics is too dangerous for YOUR career.
(If in a bind he'd sell you out like a $2 "trick")

b) He doesn't "know", YOU as well as he thinks he does. Otherwise, he'd known better than to disclose his plan to you. He obviously feels 'comfortable' that you'll 'play ball' or he would've just carried out 'his plans" w/o informing you upfront , now there your plans ,as in you're a 'team'.

1) You already know that you're OK, with rolling the dice with this type stuff and you're just f-n with us or

2) You're 'playing' naive farm girl to entertain yourself, knowing damn well, what the appropriate action is for you.

(I'm leaning towards #1) :1tongue:

What he's trying to do IMO is unethical. " Once I get the job cancel the insurance, even though I know its required FOR the job." Its a waste of time, and IMO unethical.

Well said, hence the reason I wondered why he even posted this. This guy is completely unethical and his agent will be the first one rolled under the bus if anything goes wrong. But also like the post above, I don't think he's actually looking for advice from us. He made his decision before he posted the thread and we're simply serving as advice clowns.

Well said, hence the reason I wondered why he even posted this. This guy is completely unethical and his agent will be the first one rolled under the bus if anything goes wrong. But also like the post above, I don't think he's actually looking for advice from us. He made his decision before he posted the thread and we're simply serving as advice clowns.

I agree. And would add too, what do you think your companies are going to think about writing this crap. They will catch on eventually. I write a lot of Artisan Contractors. Its a focus of mine and a few of the companies I represent, and you have to pick and choose them, otherwise they will burn you in a heartbeat. I learned that awhile ago, and one of my carriers caught on that I had written some crap business (i.e. buying the insurance for the certificate, but never making another payment). They told me I better straighten it out, or they'll find another agent. I did not realize at the time, that the customers were "those Types of people", but I quickly learned I better start using my judgment. If you have to ask, or if you even question yourself, refer it to another agent. Thats why its good to network to those in the industry as well, ask them to send you a kickback, I do it all the time. That way I get paid, and my loss ratio's not at risk.

Like i said in my earlier post it's like saying
"hey guys this client of mine wants a ride to go rape some chick, he's gonna give me gas money...
I'm wondering if I should just give him the ride, gas is high, right now"

"what'll YOU guys think I's should do"

C'mon man

No one is "really" asking that question.

*John mentioned 'advice clowns'.............
This guy is attempting to see how many will appear out of that VW at center stage.

Enjoy the popcorn and the rest of the circus, folks.:1err::1err:

no no, this was a legitimate question i had.

I thought that it was unethical to do business like that, but i was wondering how many agents would actually write this because he has current policies with you.

Ok, my bad.

My honest answer would be No, I'd pass just as I said in my earlier post.
I would not trust this, dude nor his intentions in the future.

1) Do you want to be known as THAT GUY?
You know the one that's willing to bend the rules or look the other way.
It's a slippery slope, a "gateway to B.S."......you mention that you get a lot of business referred to you.

Do you want all the B.S. referred to you, cause that's what you're asking for by becoming an accomplice to this madness.

Men ask their mistress or a 'hooker' to do what they know their wives or 'good girls' won't put up with.
That doesn't mean the wife gets fired, she may even get more respect, and men know where to go when he wants to play in the mud and whom to take home to Mother.

2) Just like a woman can say "that's not for me" and keep her relationship, so can you.

"Hey, Mr. Client...none of the companies I use would be appropriate for such an arrangement, maybe we can find you someone else to write THAT type of business for you" or

"Hey Mr. C, fortunately, your agent ,me, has such an outstanding reputation with the carriers and WE want to keep it that way....so,let's come up with a solution that doesn't sully that reputation as WE may need it to stay pristine for future business"

Back