Year Round Medicare Advantage Sales in 2012?

Maybe…

CMS sent out a memo last month establishing a Special Election Period (SEP) for Medicare beneficiaries to enroll in a 5-Star Medicare Advantage plan starting in the plan year 2012. CMS is trying to "encourage" Medicare Advantage companies to reach the 5-Star level. It’s great news from CMS. Now the challenge is getting more Medicare Advantage companies to that level.

Here is a link to a blog post on the topic. It Includes the CMS memo.

My guess is that we will see a few 5-Star rated plans, but it will be very difficult for plans to get to that level. The ones that do will have a HUGE advantage during the “Lock-In” period. Medicare Advantage sales may be back to a year round opportunity if you have plans in your market that have this rating.

I wondered when this was going to finally happen....
American Seniors

Last edited:
Are there any 5 star MA plans in Florida? And how do we get a list of plans with star ratings as opposed to seeing each plan and their assigened stars in the plan documents?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Can someone post a link to see the star ratings for all MA plans. I saw a link on this post , but my pc didnt open the file. thanks

Last edited:
Are there any 5 star MA plans in Florida? And how do we get a list of plans with star ratings as opposed to seeing each plan and their assigened stars in the plan documents?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Can someone post a link to see the star ratings for all MA plans. I saw a link on this post , but my pc didnt open the file. thanks

Medicare.gov. I am sure they will have a list released if this goes through. I also bet carriers will be sending out emails praising themselves for being 5 star and being offered all year long.

Back