yet another newbie

I have to agree with djs. You need to worry about more than just the first 6 months. At the company I work for it is 3 years that you have to survive through. I was in a similar situation to yours. I was making about $45,000 plus full benefits and left it all to start my own agency. I am in my second year now and still making less than my old job. My agency is worth quite a bit so I take comfort in that equity that I am building.

It's not gonna happen quick, but if you can go without things for the first few years you will be much better off in the long run.

Thank you Ray for the input.

I realize some people make it, some get by, and some just wash out. Such is the life of a saleman. My question is this. The majority of people I have talked to say that is about average to write 2 to 3 apps a week for health after the first few months. At an average commish of $700.00, how is it that so many people are going down in flames.

Do I have my figures wrong? Seems like that works out. $1500.00 a week works out to $75,000. a year. I know there are operating costs and what not, but what else am I Missing?

Todd,

Welcome to the insurance business :) I'm from Philly and, like yourself, just starting out. I have my contracts submitted and I'm waiting for the appointments. I wish you luck.

Lou

Latest posts

Back