You might want to avoid NW in CA for awhile

Hopefully the U/W process will be a lot quicker with HealthNet doing most of the work. The farm plan designs are popular, but some people don't like paying the annual policy fee.

How do you like this plan compared to the Blue Cross Tonik plans?

How do you like this plan compared to the Blue Cross Tonik plans?

I won't write Tonik... not a good value for the young market IMO. For a few bucks more they can have a Lumenous HSA plan with full drug coverage and well-care, or they can't quite afford that they can have a 'traditional' HSA (Blue Shield 4000 or 2400, a good Farm Bureau plan, etc.) Tonik is a marketing plan, not an insurance plan, IMO. With few exceptions, I won't write any plan that does not have full Rx coverage.

OK, Rick, hit me with your best shot... as I know you can't wait to jump in here and tell me that I'm not professional and that this is just a 'hobby' to me and that I'm %$#@ing over clients. I'm making your day here. Knock yourself out. ;)

I had a long talk yesterday with the ex-NW territory sales rep who is now with HN and he says it is simply chaos at NW (actually the Florida company they hired to do their UW last June. Work is done here in Sacramento.) However he tells me that things are going to be MUCH better when HN takes full control in January. I'll believe it when I see it. I've got a case in NW-hell right now.... been there for 2 months waiting for ASP... NW contracts with EasyCopy who are totally inept. If client requests records, clinic wants to charge $0.25 a page... it will be around $50... client wont' pay... don't blame him.

No one wants to give me a straight answer... and EasyCopy won't talk to agents. I've talked to UW supervisors... who tell me (on the record) that all their UWs were given layoff notices in early Oct. and many are out "sick" looking for jobs or have already quit.

I hope the rest of you are having better luck with NW cases than I'm having with this one. But then again, I'm not professional and I'm just a hobbyist and don't know WTF I'm doing, right Rick?

:noteworthy:

Al(ice)
InsuranceSolutions123 Agency

I won't write Tonik... not a good value for the young market IMO. For a few bucks more they can have a Lumenous HSA plan with full drug coverage and well-care, or they can't quite afford that they can have a 'traditional' HSA (Blue Shield 4000 or 2400, a good Farm Bureau plan, etc.) Tonik is a marketing plan, not an insurance plan, IMO. With few exceptions, I won't write any plan that does not have full Rx coverage.

OK, Rick, hit me with your best shot... as I know you can't wait to jump in here and tell me that I'm not professional and that this is just a 'hobby' to me and that I'm %$#@ing over clients. I'm making your day here. Knock yourself out. ;)
Actually I agree with you. Maybe you finally learned something about insurance.

Rick

I wrote 6 NW for 11/1 effective and had people pick up their meds using a HealthNet ID on 11/1 with no hiccup. No problems thus far. "knock on wood".

In regards to underwriting - I had all approved in less than a week. I do all paper apps because statistics show UW believes the client more when they think they met the broker.

Last year at this time in NW - I had the most denied in my life - NW denied like 6 in a row. So, I'm very pleased with what HealthNet has done for myself and my clients. NW was going through even more crazier times last year than this year if you ask me. Everyone has had over 14 months to prepare for this moment.

In Regards to Blue Cross and improper plans - the Rightplan is awesome but I'm switching people numerous times a month because the whole family is on it - I've been explaining yes - you have no deductible is $0 but your family could lose over $28,000 if everyone gets in a car accident - Boom new client for life - thanks to all those who don't know what they are selling and I hope you don't bankrupt anyone!

Actually I agree with you. Maybe you finally learned something about insurance.

Rick

Almost everything I've learned I've learned from you (Rick), John P, Senior, STI, Somarco, Marc, honestagent, mary, alton, djs, chumps, james, Dave F., Frank (YIO) S., and all the other regulars whose names I forget.

For those of you who have been in this biz for five or more years and who had the "advantage' of starting out in a captive career shop, I don't think you realize how hard it is to learn this biz (these days.) There is hardly any formal training, very few good books or manuals (except on sales) and very few agents who will offer to mentor you.

I've read every health and life post made on this board the past year. Every single one. Without this board I'd never be able to 'make it' in this biz.

It would be interesting to see how some of you vets who had good (or at least half-good!) formal training would do now if you were just starting out like some of the rest of us are trying to do.

It's hard. :yes:

Al(ice)

I wrote a Nationwide HSA 3600 PPO Saver on 10/26/07 and it was approved 10/28/07. I was amazed it was done on a paper application. I have done a few paper apps for Nationwide and they always seem to be processed faster then the online application.

Possibly due to them assuming the agent went to go see them. Also I have been doing paper applications due to the crossover don't want my application getting lost in online land.

I don't know...maybe things are getting a little better. Sat down with a client last Monday and did an electronic app on the internet and submitted online...not even 30 minutes later I had an approval faxed to my office (granted it was a clean app) but still pretty good.

Back