You Say the Single Payer System is the Answer....Think Again!

April 26, 2016

Re: Obamacare Continues Death Spiral as Britain's NHS Faces Strike

This is insane! Britain is going to start forcing doctors to work until 10pm every weekday. Right now, they're allowed to leave their offices and hospitals early... at 7pm. They will also have to work every Saturday as well. From 7am to "only" 5pm.

Doesn't take much in the way of common sense to realize that the number of medical slip-ups will explode. I don't think malpractice patients, or families of the deceased, can sue the Britain National Health System can they?

This is what's coming to America, if a common-sense health insurance system isn't ready to go before the ObamaCare/ACA reactor suffers melt-down.

Who in their right mind would allow their kid coming out of high school sign up for that? I think doctor shortages are coming.

Wonder how many of these people that want SP would feel the same way if the term used was Medicaid? Medicaid is technically a SP system.

How was the question worded? Did it tell everyone that this would mean increased taxes? Everybody wants free sh1t until they realize it will actually cost them something.

I'm sure the poll respondents weren't told that Single Payer will reduce the quality of care, cost big bucks, or anything else. It is starting to be sold to the public just like ObamaScrew was.

How was the question worded? Did it tell everyone that this would mean increased taxes? Everybody wants free sh1t until they realize it will actually cost them something.

Majority in U.S. Support Idea of Fed-Funded Healthcare System

Actual report, with the questions and methodology.

No, they didn't mention costs or fundings, just the concept, and had them rate the idea on this scale: "strongly favor, favor, neutral, oppose, strongly oppose". Actual question was: "Replacing the ACA with a federally funded healthcare program providing insurance for all Americans"

"Federally funded" implies it's money the feds already have, re-appropriated for this cause.

There's a strong line drawn between parties. For instance, 25% vs 80% support for repealing ACA.

I'm sure if the question said "Replacing the ACA with a healthcare system providing insurance for all Americans, funded by higher taxes on all citizens", there would be a different result.

Majority in U.S. Support Idea of Fed-Funded Healthcare System

Actual report, with the questions and methodology.

No, they didn't mention costs or fundings, just the concept, and had them rate the idea on this scale: "strongly favor, favor, neutral, oppose, strongly oppose". Actual question was: "Replacing the ACA with a federally funded healthcare program providing insurance for all Americans"

"Federally funded" implies it's money the feds already have, re-appropriated for this cause.

There's a strong line drawn between parties. For instance, 25% vs 80% support for repealing ACA.

I'm sure if the question said "Replacing the ACA with a healthcare system providing insurance for all Americans, funded by higher taxes on all citizens", there would be a different result.

Yep. The average person hears "federally funded" and they automatically think the money comes from somewhere or someone else. I'd like to see how most would respond if they were asked would they support SP if they had to pay a 15%-20% VAT on virtually all purchases. And as was pointed out, a reduction in quality of care and extended wait times.

Even better, "Replace Ocare with Medicaid funded entirely by increased taxes on everyone".

The average person hears "federally funded" and they automatically think the money comes from somewhere or someone else.

Or by simply printing more money.

Yep. The average person hears "federally funded" and they automatically think the money comes from somewhere or someone else. I'd like to see how most would respond if they were asked would they support SP if they had to pay a 15%-20% VAT on virtually all purchases. And as was pointed out, a reduction in quality of care and extended wait times.

Current proposal in my state is income tax based.

0% for 0-$25,000
9% on $25,001-$50,000
Graduates to eventually hit 16% for income over $200,000.

Just to give an idea of some real world proposed figures.

Of course, 9% for the 25-50k bracket is because that's "affordable". The 16% on $200k+ is because healthcare costs more than 9% of income, so you need to subsidize it somehow.

Current proposal in my state is income tax based.

0% for 0-$25,000
9% on $25,001-$50,000
Graduates to eventually hit 16% for income over $200,000.

Just to give an idea of some real world proposed figures.

Of course, 9% for the 25-50k bracket is because that's "affordable". The 16% on $200k+ is because healthcare costs more than 9% of income, so you need to subsidize it somehow.

Would this be in addition to the state income tax in New York? if so, that is beyond ridiculous. It's ridiculous even if it were to replace the state income tax, but in addition to it would be insane.

Back