Your 2013 Prospecting Business Plan

insurehound

Guru
100+ Post Club
Escondido
First off, I appreciate being a part of this forum and learning from others who are far more knowledgable than myself in the Employee Benefits area. Dave, Ann, ABC and others, I really appreciate all that you do to contribute.

Just curious what you will be doing this year in regards to prospecting? Will you:

1.) Continue prospecting for new Group business?
2.) Hold tight until the Exchanges kick in and make a decision then?
3.) Stop prospecting now and shift focus to another insurance area?

For myself, I keep going back and fourth between holding tight and prospecting for new Group business. But indecision is far worse than making a decision so I have to do something.

Last edited:
Numbers 1 and 3

I'll continue prospecting for new group business. When/if/whenever the exchanges are implemented, I can help them further. And a great door opener is knowledge about how PPACA may impact their company.

I'm continuing to build up my other sources of income.

I am going to continue to group prospect. I think it will be a different type of prospecting. AOR and 1st year group plans.

At this point i doubt a group is going to give up GF status to save a few bucks. Now if they save a large % then they might.

The most strategic plan would be to do a combination of both 1 and 3.
Market/prospect for new business but also identify other lines of business that you can begin to cross sell immediately. This is the best time to work through your positioning and marketing strategy so you are ahead of the impeding market shift.

Back