Your guide to shared leads

Michael Haislip said:
Can one our wise moderators please take care of the ... uh ... eyesore, before people start boycotting this thread.

Oh come on now. You don't think he's a handsome man? It's just a picture of one of our very own working his internet leads.

so... John, Who are you writing most of your internet lead business through? and what single lead company are you most comfortable with, and why?

I write most of my business through Assurant. Aetna is a very close second followed by Golden Rule. I use a variety of lead sources; Leadco.biz, Insureme.com, Vimo.com and asapquotes.com

If Aetna made some key changes they'd be my number one company. We'll see. I hear they're getting ready to make changes to their plans.

I don't see many differences between lead companies. As long as the lead is sent in real time and they have a good return policy I do fine. I call all my leads literally seconds after receiving them so I don't care how many other agents I'm competiting against. They'll never get to them before I do.

Constant Contact

John, I'm interested in using Constant Contact myself. Can you tell me what types of communications for follow up go out to the folks you load in there. You say you've automated it all & that's what I'm planning on doing myself.

Does your follow up send reminder letters of some sort? Can you share an example?

Any advice or guidance on this would be greatly appreciated.

furlover said:
Fabulous thread!!

Thank you all!

Has anyone used Act! software as a contact manager?

I currently use Act as my primary contact manager and highly recommend it to people. It is a bit pricey, but well worth the money. Order their demo and play with it to see if you like the program. The add-ons (i.e., telemarketing, sales tracking, etc.) are very expensive and not worth it from a ROI perspective. If you do buy the program it would be best to purchase the Act Guide (I recommend half.com) but that is up to you.

1) Put in a quote for yourself and see who calls. You want to know who you're up against and how fast some agents are calling. If you're getting one or two calls instantly and they're brokers like you I would not recommend that souce.

I gotta say that i disagree with you here. It is a pain in the butt for agents to get leads from other agents that are just "testing" the system. Agent then have to go ask for credit from the source and it makes the lead company look bad. It really isn't fair and I never liked anyone doing it to me.

I don't think that lead companies should have to tell you who (meaning agent name) you are competing with but they probably should tell you what carriers you are competing against. Then you at least have an idea of what you are getting into.

Just my $.02

I compete against (mostly) inexperienced agents, marketers who are not licensed and no agent (folks who think it is better & cheaper to go direct) and I still write business. My return averages 7:1 . . . $7 in revenue for every $1 I spend on marketing.

I can do that all day long and it really doesn't matter who the "other guy" is.

Back