‘tis the season for auto-renewal

I chimed in with 50 pages of answers. I'll let someone else be (y)our biatch

Ah that's disappointing. I wasn't even remotely close to suggesting such a thing. Correct me if I'm wrong but again as I stated you already did a bit on this. For the sake of the other posters and the confusion of how it's written, I found more value in what you posted on the topic before vs. completely re-deciphering help you've already supplied.;)

Ah that's disappointing. I wasn't even remotely close to suggesting such a thing. Correct me if I'm wrong but again as I stated you already did a bit on this. For the sake of the other posters and the confusion of how it's written, I found more value in what you posted on the topic before vs. completely re-deciphering help you've already supplied.;)

My wife owns my brain, and it's on lock down now. Why don't you search for my past post that you reference. It gets a little tiring to repeat myself all the time because you're too lazy to search or read.

I'm sure Allen can find it and post it. He's a better man than me. I don't care to feed the animals every day.

Coming soon to an Obamacare plan near you .........

Broader networks = higher premiums
Broader Rx formulary = higher premiums
Metal plan creep = higher premiums
Indexed "affordable" percentages = ?????
Indexed FPL amounts = ???????

Oh man, this Final Rule is building on and adding to 11 other final rules! It refers you to rule CMS63-Subsection C, para-4. When you finally find CMS63, it refers you to public notice a3b1, published on October 17, 2013 with a cross reference deference to ACA regulations, pages 11,324-11,410.

YAgents, your wife is incredibly gifted to summarize this spaghetti document so succinctly.
:idea:Wow.

----------

Coming soon to an Obamacare plan near you .........

Broader networks = higher premiums
Broader Rx formulary = higher premiums
Metal plan creep = higher premiums
Indexed "affordable" percentages = ?????
Indexed FPL amounts = ???????

So all of this will be spelled out in customer auto-renewal letters? haha. Your analysis combined with the new Auto-Renewal rules are more evidence that the current ObamaCare is designed for self-destruction so ObamaCare 2.0 (Universal Healthcare) can take it's place.
ac

----------

A good plain English summary of the auto-renewal final rule.

http://healthaffairs.org/blog/2014/...ange-eligibility-redeterminations-final-rule/

Final Rule Action: We are finalizing §155.335(e) as proposed. In §155.335(j), we proposed to modify the standards for re-enrollment in coverage. First, in paragraph (j)(1), we proposed that if an enrollee remains eligible for enrollment in a QHP through the Exchange upon annual redetermination, and the product under which the QHP in which he or she was enrolled remains available for renewal, consistent with 45 CFR 147.106, such enrollee will have his or her enrollment in a QHP under the product renewed unless he or she terminates coverage, including termination of coverage in connection with voluntarily selecting a different QHP, in accordance with §155.430. In this situation, we proposed that the QHP in which the enrollee will be renewed will be selected according to the following order of priority: (1) in the same plan as the enrollee’s current QHP; (2) if the enrollee’s current QHP is not available, the enrollee’s coverage will be renewed in a plan at the same metal level as the enrollee’s current QHP; (3) if the enrollee’s current QHP is not available and the enrollee’s product no longer includes a plan at the same metal level as the enrollee’s current QHP, the enrollee’s coverage will be renewed in a plan that is one metal level higher or lower than theenrollee’s current QHP; and (4) if the enrollee’s current QHP is not available and the enrollee’s product no longer includes a plan that is at the same metal level as, or one metal level higher or lower than the enrollee’s current QHP, the enrollee’s coverage will be renewed in any other plan offered under the product in which the enrollee’s current QHP is offered in which the enrollee is eligible to enroll.

I wonder what happens when the plan being renewed stops being offered by the insurance company. Auto-transition to most comparable, or client's responsibility to enroll in a new one?

We were told at the big Blue Cross meeting here that if the plan isn't offered in 2015, and the client doesn't take any action, they will be placed in a plan "closest" to the one that they had. Not sure how they'll determine "closest", but that's what they've said they'll do -- no more grandfathering of plans that aren't being marketed anymore. Pretty much everyone will have to re-visit their situation on or off exchange every year it seems . . . .

Not sure how they'll determine "closest"

Same metal tier. Similar deductible and MOOP.

Pretty much everyone will have to re-visit their situation on or off exchange every year it seems . . . .

Yup.

No more sell them and let them ride.

And we are working for 70% lower commission.

From my understanding you have 4 options:

1 - do nothing, plan renews with 2015 rates and your 2014 subsidy. Could get hairy with those right on the 100% FPL limit when 2014 FPLs is higher.

2 - Go to HC.gov and redetermine your subsidy before 12/15. Plan renews with 2015 subsidy

3 - Check "no" on box (see comment below**) about using tax data. Your plan renews with no subsidy.

4 - You don't redetermine your subsidy until after 12/15. Your plan renews for Jan at 2014 subsidy, but 2015 subsidy kicks in Feb or later.

** - 1 and 2 assume you checked the "allow marketplace to use income tax data.. for next 5 years" question right before subsidy determination.

:1confused::1confused::1confused::1confused::D:D

This is exactly what this is going to lead to, too bad walmart got rid of the greeter's, I really wanted that job when things got confusing.

----------

We were told at the big Blue Cross meeting here that if the plan isn't offered in 2015, and the client doesn't take any action, they will be placed in a plan "closest" to the one that they had. Not sure how they'll determine "closest", but that's what they've said they'll do -- no more grandfathering of plans that aren't being marketed anymore. Pretty much everyone will have to re-visit their situation on or off exchange every year it seems . . . .

You in Florida? I read this in their skill soft lesson.

Back