‘tis the season for auto-renewal

From my understanding you have 4 options:

1 - do nothing, plan renews with 2015 rates and your 2014 subsidy. Could get hairy with those right on the 100% FPL limit when 2014 FPLs is higher.

2 - Go to HC.gov and redetermine your subsidy before 12/15. Plan renews with 2015 subsidy

3 - Check "no" on box (see comment below**) about using tax data. Your plan renews with no subsidy.

4 - You don't redetermine your subsidy until after 12/15. Your plan renews for Jan at 2014 subsidy, but 2015 subsidy kicks in Feb or later.

** - 1 and 2 assume you checked the "allow marketplace to use income tax data.. for next 5 years" question right before subsidy determination.

1. Do most people know what they estimated for their 2014 income? I saved the hc.gov application pages for the people I helped, but they're in some kind of strange MHTML format that's not accessible. (Just like the Marketplace certification certificates)

2. Is it safe to say that in the final analysis, every single working American's estimate will be wrong, and an underpayment or overpayment will be realized when 2014 Federal Taxes are calculated?

:1confused::1confused::1confused::1confused::D:D

This is exactly what this is going to lead to, too bad walmart got rid of the greeter's, I really wanted that job when things got confusing.

----------

You in Florida? I read this in their skill soft lesson.

No - I'm in Kansas City. So, this was BCBS of Kansas City, serving MO & KS here. You mention Walmart - at the BCBS meeting about all of this I sat next to an agent who said she's going to be occupying a booth at Walmart to assist with Healthcare sign up. Not sure how she got that gig, but she represents multiple companies & told me that she understood she may also be able to discuss Medicare plans there too . . . .

Back