Stupid article.

Of the 10 worst:
- 8th worst: Securities, Commodities and financial services agents
- 7th worst: Real Estate Brokers and Sales Agents
- 6th worst: Marketing and Sales Managers
- 5th worst: Financial Managers
- 4th worst: Insurance Sales Agents
- 2nd worst: Personal Finance Advisors

The article assumes that there is a disparity in pay... as though these are salaried positions.

The truth is that these are based on merit and performance.

So, here's my question: Why do you think women aren't earning as much as men in financial services?

We know it's not the pay structure as it is equal. So, it must be a difference in how women manage or communicate in the sales/management process... I would think.

Very headstrong women can come across as 'bitchy'. Then some women flaunt their looks for the sale.

Maybe more people just prefer a man who means business?

What say you?

I think when it comes to finance matters, most men will want to deal with other men. I think in this day and age where gender and pc-ism has totally alienated men and women even more, most men just trust men more...and most women probably would want to deal with men too.
If your hanging out with a woman, they are all are catty towards each other, very territorial creatures...

It's in the DNA women are nurturers by nature whereas men are hunters. By and large this is the rule there are of course always exceptions. And North Dakota

Last edited:
It's in the DNA women are nurturers by nature whereas men are hunters. By and large this is the rule there are of course always exceptions.

My North Dakotan wife and daughters, wimminz-in-laws, and their various shotguns and rifles might beg to differ.

The 10 worst and best jobs for equal pay- MSN Money

So, here's my question: Why do you think women aren't earning as much as men in financial services?

Time. Men put in more time throughout the day and throughout their career. Women, as a whole, are more likely to leave work early for family commitments or just take 2-3yrs off entirely to have kids...

This is the only real reason. All the psychology mentioned in this thread is relevant.

Back