2014 Medicare Advantage Certification Questions

The good news is once you have gone through all the redundant B.S., all of this will be easier next year and all the years after. I flew through certs this year, well at least as fast as they would let me in order to get to the test.

Agreed. Also the experience you gain during the year (real life activities) helps remember things like SEP's. AEP,LIS, PDP coverages and all.

Since the certifications are time consuming, do you wait to see the available plans for 2014 before you do your certifications?

If you wait, does this give you enough time to do your marketing prior to the start of AEP?

When will 2014 plan details be available?

Thanks!

As long as you plan to sell even single MAPD or PDP, you'll need to pass AHIP. So, pass AHIP NOW, and later (when plans are available) you'll make a decision which of them you want to sell. AHIP is prerequisite to all of them and it is easily transferrable. In addition to AHIP, you'll need to pass vendor specific exams, but they all quite similar with each other.

As long as you plan to sell even single MAPD or PDP, you'll need to pass AHIP. So, pass AHIP NOW, and later (when plans are available) you'll make a decision which of them you want to sell. AHIP is prerequisite to all of them and it is easily transferrable. In addition to AHIP, you'll need to pass vendor specific exams, but they all quite similar with each other.

How do you market when plans are not available until the last minute?

You might find in your areas you have nothing attractive.

The good news is once you have gone through all the redundant B.S., all of this will be easier next year and all the years after. I flew through certs this year, well at least as fast as they would let me in order to get to the test.

If you or anyone else would take the certs for me, I will gladly pay you well. I don't think I have the patience this year. Been doing them for along time but hope to find someone to do for me.

hope to find someone to do for me.

This may not be the smartest post I've ever seen, openly suggesting that you are planning to defraud CMS.

I do speed when I drive but I refrain from calling the police dept and telling them the time and location when I plan on driving 25 mph over the limit. Maybe I am just shrewd that way. :cool:

It took me 3 solid days to get through 9 certifications. The worst offender was Wellcare, which made you listen to the presentation in it's entirety. One part made you wait 60 solid seconds before you could move on to the next screen. 4 lines. 60 seconds. I wanted to kill myself. But now it's over and I can continue to collect my renewals. . .

It took me 3 solid days to get through 9 certifications. The worst offender was Wellcare, which made you listen to the presentation in it's entirety. One part made you wait 60 solid seconds before you could move on to the next screen. 4 lines. 60 seconds. I wanted to kill myself. But now it's over and I can continue to collect my renewals. . .

You could advance through the slides on WellCare without having to listen to it all. My issue with WellCare had to do with their review quiz giving incorrect answers. For example, they asked what the 2014 PDP deductible was. I answered $310 and was told it was incorrect and that the deductible would be $325. Another question asked how long the deeming period was. I answered six months and again was told it was incorrect and that it was three months.

In both instances my answers were correct. There was one other question that was wrong as well and I just can't remember what it was. I made my rep aware of this and have now been told they are updating the info in the review sections and it should be corrected by tomorrow. My bigger concern is if those questions were on the actual exam. It would suck to complete the exam and score an 88 or 86 and gotten one or two counted wrong that were actually correct.

If you do not the certify you loose your commissions just FYI that is more than enought motivation for me
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The test has been the same the last three years for AHip just click through as fast as possible and take the test

Last edited:
Back