2016 Part B Premium Is...

Reality is, if they have cancer, they won't be paying those high premiums long. If they survive, they will only be paying high premiums for 2 years. That's assuming the rates even go very high at first. I have seen closed books of business stay low for quite a few years.

Im Sure spoke to someone with plan J over the summer wasn't paying much more than plan F, However spoke to someone plan J, 2 years ago was paying almost $650, Except he wasn't healthy enough to move, Forget his whole deal but I know I couldn't even put him AARP level 2, And whatever was wrong with him was so for years

So that is the whole reason we buy INS in the 1st place. The what If's. and big increases are high on the what Ifs scale, But yes you are right it is possible it doesn't happen to me. just like I might not get a major sickness, In that case I might not need Ins at all

They're getting worried because the medsupp market in nearly every other state is drastically different than the FL medsupp market.

Yes In FL AARP rules the med supp and they allow you to switch in house no underwriting.That is a big dif

I was quoting some folks in southern In yesterday for med sups. Was looking at F and G. On a 73 year old male the premium difference between G and F was $62/mo. with Equitable. Never saw that much difference On the wife it about $50/mo premium difference.

Like MOO plan N?

MOO plan N was GI so it was doomed to begin with. Not a fair comparison. Aflac still has decent premiums here and so does North American (National States). Both are closed.

----------

I was quoting some folks in southern In yesterday for med sups. Was looking at F and G. On a 73 year old male the premium difference between G and F was $62/mo. with Equitable. Never saw that much difference On the wife it about $50/mo premium difference.

That's because Equitable just came out with G here not too long ago.
On a side note. I just talked to one of my Equitable clients this week, her Plan F rate is higher than the current rate being offered. It is the same book of business. So equitable raises current client rates but not for new business. I don't know of any other companies that do that.

Some closed books are isolated in a way that keeps them low. A book of Fs in MO will be one. I've seen Golden Rules plan G book stay very low, same with Christian Fidelity G after the first couple of cycles after modernization. Any lettered plan that was open to the majority of GI business will eventually blow up.

----------

A letter added to a book after the fact will always be off by more than a book where both letters started at the same introduction date. MOO used this strategy years ago, they'd have F and D, then add G or F and G and add D and or C... anything to keep that book going.

Anyone seen the printed TA rates with the newly discounted plan G? G is cheaper than N and there is so much room between F and G after the 1/1 rate changes it is funny looking.

T65... F 195 G 130.:D

Some closed books are isolated in a way that keeps them low. A book of Fs in MO will be one. I've seen Golden Rules plan G book stay very low, same with Christian Fidelity G after the first couple of cycles after modernization. Any lettered plan that was open to the majority of GI business will eventually blow up.

----------

A letter added to a book after the fact will always be off by more than a book where both letters started at the same introduction date. MOO used this strategy years ago, they'd have F and D, then add G or F and G and add D and or C... anything to keep that book going.

Anyone seen the printed TA rates with the newly discounted plan G? G is cheaper than N and there is so much room between F and G after the 1/1 rate changes it is funny looking.

AARP Plan J in Fl is a good example.Always less then 3% increases like the most of the other AARP/UHC plans.Only a Bankers agent would replace an AARP Plan J in Fl. instead of letting policyholder know they can switch to a standardized plan anytime they want - and at their original entry age rate band.

----------

In that case yesterday G was a dollar less per month than N. I was looking at Equitable because they both are ECig users. That's some crazy stuff there though. $62/mo difference between F and G and G costing less than N?

Back