2016 Part B Premium Is...

From what I understand...

If you have Medicare Part B and Social Security for at least 2 months in 2015, you will continue to pay the $104.90 premium next year.

For those aging in December to Medicare, they will pay $104.90 next year (I have not seen that in exact writing next year, but they were not able to have 2 months of Medicare but are not applying in 2016)

If you are applying for Part B for the first time in 2016 and have not had social security (ie still working) you are not under the hold-harmless provision and will pay the $121.80.

I don;t sell med sup, but wondering why they are getting rid of plan F? Just because its so close to G? TIA

C and F plans that pay the Medicare Part B deductible for the Medicare beneficiary are know as "first-dollar coverage" plans. Meaning there's theoretically nothing inhibiting them from going to the ER or seeking out treatment for possible minor ailments because there was no cost sharing or "skin in the game" for the beneficiary, which causes waste according to some.

If you make something free, people tend to use it up, that is their line of thinking...

That $166.00 Part B deductible will definitely keep Seniors from going to the Dr. or Emergency room. Ha

Back