2017 Harkin Not Paying Commissions or Renewals Chicago

SamIam

Guru
1000 Post Club
I posted this in the Illinois section but thought you all would like to see this. This was a email I received. I didn't sell them but Harkin in Chicago looks like they won't be paying commission or renewals in Chicago. As far as the renewals go the I wouldn't be surprised for those that did their would be a class action lawsuit.

We promised an update on our individual commission strategy as it nears finalization. To that end, we have filed to continue to pay 0% commission for new business in Chicago and to reduce new business commission in Atlanta to 0% effective January 1, 2017. We have also filed to adjust all renewing Harken policies to 0% in both markets. This change will apply to our individual policies both on and off exchange.

While this change is consistent with the actions many insurers have taken to respond to the evolving marketplace, we understand the impact it has on you and assure you that it was not decided in haste. Our goal right now is to solidify our innovative model of connecting insurance with access to care and continue to position us for future growth. We sincerely appreciate the role you’ve played in bringing members to Harken and we will keep you informed of additional selling opportunities in the future.

RE: "While this change is consistent with the actions many insurers have taken to respond to the evolving marketplace..."

United Healthcare subsidiary Harken Health is full of chit! As far I know, they are the ONLY Illinois company to announce that they won't be paying commissions on new business in 2017, or paying commissions on existing 2016 clients who renew in 2017.

Harken is also increasing 2017 premiums by 29%, and the rumor mill is saying that their huge PPO network will be slashed. Now, in those two areas, Harken IS mimicking all the other health insurers.

If Blue Cross follows this lunacy, I'm done with Individual Health.

Articles out today stating harken is pulling out of south Florida. Probably zika avoidance related.

Harken wasn't in South Florida in 2016 so they are just cancelling expansion plans, they will not be missed

----------

Articles out today stating harken is pulling out of south Florida. Probably zika avoidance related.

Harken wasn't in South Florida in 2016 so they are just cancelling expansion plans, they will not be missed.

The 'Zika' issue is a 500 square foot area in Miami, it's not exactly cause for concern of a major epidemic: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-so-narrow-and-what-it-means-for-rest-of-u-s/

Just received this "update" from Harken Health. Not surprisingly it looks exactly like the last one:

"Dear valued sucka!

We promised an update on our individual commission strategy as it nears finalization. To that end, we have filed to continue to pay 0% commission for new business in Chicago and to reduce new business commission in Atlanta to 0% effective January 1, 2017. We have also filed to adjust all renewing Harken policies to 0% in both markets. This change will apply to our individual policies both on and off exchange.

While this change is consistent with the actions many insurers have taken to respond to the evolving marketplace, we understand the impact it has on you and assure you that it was not decided in haste. Our goal right now is to solidify our innovative model of connecting insurance with access to care and continue to position us for future growth. We sincerely appreciate the role you've played in bringing members to Harken and we will keep you informed of additional selling opportunities in the future.

Dis-Respectfully,
Marcus Robinson
VP of Sales, Harken Health"

I get two communications from Harken Health, since contracting with them for their 1.1.2016 Chicago debut. Both are the same, and both are delivering bad news.
:skeptical:

he must feel not good putting his name on a letter like that. Him getting a salary & benefits.

We should all organize a mass complaint call-in, you know - we could call any and every one of their numbers to complain that they are stealing from us! Hell, if I could connect to a janitor there I'd complain to him - imagine the internal embarrassment that it could generate :goofy:

We should all organize a mass complaint call-in, you know - we could call any and every one of their numbers to complain that they are stealing from us! Hell, if I could connect to a janitor there I'd complain to him - imagine the internal embarrassment that it could generate :goofy:

Brilliant idea, you will go far in life

Back