2017 Harkin Not Paying Commissions or Renewals Chicago

Well since this is for the under age 65 crowd, this Harkins apparently ignored POTUS when POTUS said "buying health insurance is not like buying a song off of iTunes". This big experiment will fail because the age 65 crowd are always changing jobs and having their normal life experiences and it's a complex sale no matter how you cut it. Agents willing to work for less than nothing and are hoping to sell other products to get the commission's well it's just a lot of work with little pay...we're going back to the age of labor unions workers fighting 4 pay . But is there are enough professionals out there willing to sell this product for nothing then their experiment could have positive results but it's unknown.

Last edited:
We should all organize a mass complaint call-in, you know - we could call any and every one of their numbers to complain that they are stealing from us! Hell, if I could connect to a janitor there I'd complain to him - imagine the internal embarrassment that it could generate :goofy:

hahahaha. The janitor just got a raise.

Harkins is in the group business now ???

We are excited to invite you to small group broker training for Harken Health 2-50 ATNE segment. At this training, we’ll share more about our unique model connecting health insurance with access to care and our 2016 & 2017 plans.

You may select the training date and location you wish to attend from below and select corresponding calendar invitation attached. Please RSVP by Sept 9th.

2016 TRAINING SESSION OPTIONS – Click on an option and add to your calendar:
• Sept 12, 10am – 12noon at Harken Health in Duluth, 3780 Old Norcross Rd #108, Duluth, GA 30096
• Sept 14, 10am – 12noon at Harken Health in Brookhaven, 705 Town Blvd S590, Atlanta, GA 30319
• Sept 15, 10am – 12noon at Harken Health in Austell, 1850 East-West Connector, Austell, GA 30106
• Sept 19, 10am – 12noon at Harken Health in East Cobb, 2100 Roswell Rd #1128, Marietta, GA 30062
• Sept 20, 10am – 12noon at Harken Health in Decatur, 158 W Ponce De Leon Ave, Decatur, GA 30030
• Sept 21, 10am – 12noon at Harken Health in Roswell, 1570 Holcomb Bridge Rd #510, Roswell, GA 30076

In addition to commission, Harken will offer a $200 Bonus Program for each group signed in 2016. Program details to be reviewed at the training sessions.

Questions regarding the trainings or bonus program can go to:

[email protected].

Check-in begins 15 minutes before the training start time. Please plan your arrival accordingly. Casual dress.

We look forward to seeing you in September.

I've read that GROUP business is still profitable, in-spite of ObamaScare. All health insurers who want to maximize profitability should dump IFP, and do GROUP business, along with ancillaries.

I've read that GROUP business is still profitable, in-spite of ObamaScare. All health insurers who want to maximize profitability should dump IFP, and do GROUP business, along with ancillaries.

Group is profitable FOR NOW.

I am seeing a lot more interest in these "bundled" level self funded small group plans. It makes a lot of sense for the healthy groups to go that way.

I am wondering how that might affect the profitability of fully insured groups in the future if the trend continues. Maybe Ann, KG, or Lee can share some deeper insight into that for us.

Back