2018 MA and PDP Plans

Well actually he mentioned both.

Actually he said the following in the post which you replied to:

"That is why I recommend Humana Walmart mail order for people not taking any Brand Rx's. I'm sure your agent explained this to you."

FYI Xarelto is showing as not covered under Silver script in Medicare.gov when it is actually covered, according to SS website.

So a note to newbs, don't trust the gubment site

Just got an email from SS saying that though medicare.gov show Xarelto not covered, it Will be covered at a tier 3. It’ll be reflected on medicare not until February

Just got an email from SS saying that though medicare.gov show Xarelto not covered, it Will be covered at a tier 3. It’ll be reflected on medicare not until February
I got that update, too. It came as a secure email, which seemed odd until I opened it. The message included the names of all of my SilverScript clients who are currently taking Xarelto so I can reach out to them with the corrected information. I've not seen that from a carrier before.

I got that update, too. It came as a secure email, which seemed odd until I opened it. The message included the names of all of my SilverScript clients who are currently taking Xarelto so I can reach out to them with the corrected information. I've not seen that from a carrier before.

I got the secure email too. I also got a regular email saying Xarelto is being added back to the Formulary. The fact that it won't be on the plan finder until February is ridiculous. I realize carriers want us to run price lists on their websites, but it's impossible to do that with multiple carriers for hundreds of clients.

Tangent - if you all aren't recommending the client check out the pdp smart phone app for each carrier, they are missing out.

It takes seconds to order meds with the apps. I handle my mother's with express scripts. I can reorder multiple meds in 30 seconds. If the rx has expired, they will request a new one from the doc and let you know via email when it has been approved.

If the client is tech savvy, make sure to point out the app also.

That is a blatant HIPPA violation

Not if it came over secure email.

The presumption is that we already have the drug lists in place. Plus, I get these all the time for group PDL changes.

BTW...Kroger is winning. Across the board. If you aren't using Kroger as a pharmacy choice, you might want to start.

Last edited:
WINNING!

Speaking of winning, have I been missing the "view all months" button on the medicare.gov drug cost page? Just noticed it a few days ago. I am afraid to ask, but how long has that option been there?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back