2022 What's new for YOU?

Life Hawk

Guru
5000 Post Club
A new year is in the making (actually already started). I was wondering what, if anything, some of you have committed to do to make this year better, more productive than the 2021?

One thing I am going to focus on this year is to reduce complication in my record keeping and files. I've run into over complicating record and file keeping, and it has become counter productive for me. Not to mention my office is a mess... a better mess than it was, but still a mess. To much of a paper guy I guess. :yes:

One thing I am going to focus on this year is to reduce complication in my record keeping and files. I've run into over complicating record and file keeping, and it has become counter productive for me. Not to mention my office is a mess... a better mess than it was, but still a mess. To much of a paper guy I guess. :yes:

I use Google Workspace for email, calendar, file storage, phone, creating presentations, etc.

You can use googles "drive app" on your smartphone to scan the document and upload it to the correct file. Its like having a document scanner in your pocket.

I am 99% paperless with this setup. When I get paper correspondence, I just scan it and throw the paper away.

The "contacts" function of Google Workspace is ok for simple contact management. But a good basic CRM that will sync with your google account helps a lot. Plenty of options under $50/m for that.

You dont have to throw away the paper docs if you dont like that idea. But you can just stick them in a file cabinet and not have to worry about accessing them on a regular basis since its all on your computer.

Speaking of computers, you can have a file on your computer that links/syncs with your drive file storage, so you have offline access to your work files and it auto syncs the documents added when you are connected online. So adding a doc to the computer file will update it in your cloud storage once online again... and adding to your cloud storage will update it on your computer once online again.

A new year is in the making (actually already started). I was wondering what, if anything, some of you have committed to do to make this year better, more productive than the 2021?

Im setting up a new CRM and refocusing on my websites.

Focusing more on protection based insurance vs. the CV and advanced planning stuff Ive traditionally focused on in the past (more $$$ per hour).

Also, Im doubling down on my 401k business and looking at setting up my own RIA firm.

Also possibly looking at setting up a "Pooled 401k" for insurance agencies

Great info on how your moving in a paperless direction. I have decreased my paper a ton since moving to more and more automated applications. I still like to have a physical file with an intake sheet and case study notes, but I'll be far more "paperless" in 2022 than I was even in 2021.

I guess I'm just one of those "old minded" agents that when they put me in the box, I'll still have a pen in my pocket... never know, you might need to take some notes. :laugh:

Im setting up a new CRM and refocusing on my websites.

Nothing like working on client information to help keep your focus on business. As I have said a few times in the past, this profession is wrapped up into 2 major parts (not including marketing): sales and the organization of information. Sales must always be number one, but the longer you go, organization of information becomes more and more important.

I'm doing the same. I'm using Less Annoying CRM and I think it's incredible!

I think Less Annoying CRM is a great CRM to start with. Especially if an agent doesnt need a lot of "marketing" capabilities. It seems great for contacts/pipeline/email/calendar/file integration.

@Life Hawk if you dont currently use one, Less Annoying CRM would probably be a good starting point. Im sure they do a free trial and I think its less than $20/m per user.

Im currently doing a free trial on HubSpot. I like the marketing and servicing capabilities... plus they have a fully hosted CMS to create a website that is fully synced with your CRM. I just wish they had an "intermediate" option for the CMS that allowed for multiple domains without paying an astronomical amount per month. I was hoping I could pay for just hubspot CMS and ditch my current host. But it will cost me hundreds per month more to do that for all of my websites :(

Great info on how your moving in a paperless direction. I have decreased my paper a ton since moving to more and more automated applications. I still like to have a physical file with an intake sheet and case study notes, but I'll be far more "paperless" in 2022 than I was even in 2021.

I guess I'm just one of those "old minded" agents that when they put me in the box, I'll still have a pen in my pocket... never know, you might need to take some notes. :laugh:

I still write down notes while on the phone. Hard to get away from that for me. But often I take a scan of those notes after and upload to the clients drive file. That way I have them wherever/whenever.

I recently saw a phone system that actually has an AI interface that automatically gives you a "call summary" with "action items" from your call. For example, if we set a meeting for Tuesday at 10, the summary will say "meeting schedule Tuesday at 10" and that will be a clickable link that will auto add it to your calendar. Or if you say you will follow up with a phone call in 2 weeks, it will put that in the summary and make it clickable to add to your task list. etc etc. Kind of like how some text messages do that now (and workspace email does to an extent)... but its for phone conversations. Really interesting tech with a lot of potential for sales. ( I think it was dialpad if I remember correctly)

since moving to more and more automated applications.

This has been a huge help for me to accomplish this. I was doing pdfs with pdf editing software and it was the most tedious thing ever at times. Especially when the pdf had mistakes in the fillable fields or they were missing, etc. The e-apps are so much easier to use, and no 3rd party e-sign service needed either... and the issues you ran into with some carriers not accepting certain e-sign vendors or only certain "approved" e-sign vendors, etc.

I recently had to do 2 paper AIG apps that were not able to be completed on their normal e-app system. I cant tell you how much it made me appreciate the carrier based e-apps!!

Latest posts

Back