24 Year Old with Sickle Cell Anemia

JGold814

Guru
100+ Post Club
Las Vegas
Does anyone know any carriers that could take on this client?

He's 24 years old with sickle cell anemia and is looking for about $50,000 of coverage (term and/or permanent).

He lives in New York. He takes one prescription (solic acid) for the condition. Height/weight profile is good at 5' 8" 137 lbs and he's a non-smoker.

He's been declined once through another agent.

Also, I had heard from an underwriter I spoke with that an agent found a GIWL product for younger ages (under 40), but she didn't know which company - anyone have an idea who it is?

Does anyone know any carriers that could take on this client?

He's 24 years old with sickle cell anemia and is looking for about $50,000 of coverage (term and/or permanent).

He lives in New York. He takes one prescription (solic acid) for the condition. Height/weight profile is good at 5' 8" 137 lbs and he's a non-smoker.

He's been declined once through another agent.

Also, I had heard from an underwriter I spoke with that an agent found a GIWL product for younger ages (under 40), but she didn't know which company - anyone have an idea who it is?

I have written one similar with Columbian MDO however, that was a couple years ago and seems that there were some changes. It was max $10,000

It is possible that your client could be fully underwritten for an immediate death benefit larger than 50K - you may not have to go the guaranteed issue or simplified issue route. It all depends on factors such as: whether he has the sickle cell anemia trait, or if he actually has current anemia; his genotype; details on any attacks; and whether or not there are any complications.

You will need to make these determinations, along with others, before you can determine which carrier would be appropriate. Cases like this need to be handled with care. PM me for details.

As I mentioned on the thread about the 14 year old. If he otherwise qualifies, American Memorial Preferred. I believe they will go up to 100k at his age. Not necessarily cheap, but it is SIWL.

Latest posts

Back