401K Rollover to Money Market

And what is your point? The OP said they cant do a partial transfer... so assuming they want away from the 403b; if they want immediate liquidity with that portion then a MM would be a good option.

And the 403b is liquid. But assuming its in the market, they are not guaranteed to have the amount they need liquid like a MM.

They can do a partial transfer.
Why would you assume the 403b is in the market? I don't make investment recommendations based on assumptions. If it was in the market, why not ask what the fixed account is paying?

They can do a partial transfer.
Why would you assume the 403b is in the market?

The OP said in the first post that the company said the client cannot do a partial transfer.

I don't make investment recommendations based on assumptions.

Then what is this?:
Moving the money into a money market is uneccesary and not in the clients best interest.

When the OP does not specify then all we can do is assume. Most 403Bs I have come across were VAs. But I know that there are plenty out there that are FAs. But all either of us are doing is making assumptions with the current lack of info about the clients situation and goals.

Last edited:
Central-Planners Fail To Herd Money Market Funds Into Overpriced Stocks | Zero Hedge

In a nutshell, money market funds (much more on this below), have always been one of the most hated liquidity intermediaries by the central planners: they don't go into stocks, they don't go into bonds, they just sit there, collecting no interest, but more importantly, are inert, and can not be incorporated into the rehypothecation architecture of shadow banking.

And perhaps that is precisely why the Fed is pulling the scab off an old sore. Recall that for the past year, our primary contention has been that the core reason for all developed world problems is the gradual disappearance of good collateral and money good assets.

Even if the MMF cash were to shift, preemptively, into bonds, or any other "safe" investments, the assets backing the cash can them enter the traditional-shadow liquidity system and buy time: the only real goal at this point. In the process, the cash itself would be "securitized" and provide at least a year or so in additional breathing room for a system that has essentially run out of good liquidity, and in Europe, out of any collateral.

Expect more and more efforts to disgorge the $2.7 trillion in money market funds as the world gets closer and closer to D-Day.

The OP said in the first post that the company said the client cannot do a partial transfer.

Then what is this?:

When the OP does not specify then all we can do is assume. Most 403Bs I have come across were VAs. But I know that there are plenty out there that are FAs. But all either of us are doing is making assumptions with the current lack of info about the clients situation and goals.

There were no assumptions in my recommendation.

You are assuming I have a lack of info. He said it was Bencor and florida retirement system, that was all the information I needed to know all about the account. You are extremely helpful to this forum, however I don't understand why so aggressive.

There were no assumptions in my recommendation.

You are assuming I have a lack of info. He said it was Bencor and florida retirement system, that was all the information I needed to know all about the account. You are extremely helpful to this forum, however I don't understand why so aggressive.

Not trying to be aggressive. Just trying to understand your statement.

I should have provided more information perhaps some background.
Bencor has a fixed rate in their account, can transfer out, rollover, and distribute without fees. I don't have a better MM than that

Latest posts

Back