403B Leads & Turn Key Seminar System.

No I'm pointed out the flaws of purchasing old leads from you. I will agree that that person responded for a reason and unless someone else has satisfied that requirement that the need still remains. But the desire decreases over time not to mention the requirements to legally contact them. If your lead is over 90 days old and on the DNC list then you can not legally contact them at home. You can legally contact them at work, and I pointed out the difficulties in doing that in my previous post.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

To be fair a pay slot isn't magical and if he used an independent carrier or an independent carrier has a slot it shouldn't be that hard to get permission to use it...If he came from a captive carrier like Met, Horace Mann etc they normally restrict their slots to their captive salesforce.

And California might be a great place..I know Maine kinda got ruined...When the new regs where being put in place all the districts here turned to their attorny (Its the same firm for almost every friggin district in the state can you believe that) Their advice do not sign any vendor paperwork make them sign yours bye bye mutual funds, If you allow loans or hardships you are open to liability bye bye loans and hardship almost every district wrote those out of the plan documents..

Baggins mentions transfers as big business and I would agree prior to the new regs I would kill with 90-24 transfers now those don't exist and the plan can restrict or even not allow exchanges within the plan and in Maine you can look at it as good and bad...Much fewer transfers but at least your existing account stays on the books...though it might be dormant.

I did notice Baggins says he is getting into Lead Generation I wasn't sure from his sentence if he means he is going to start selling leads or he was talking about generation for personal production.

I have email, phone numbers, and addresses (on most leads). If someone couldn't figure out how to reach them and sits in their office wetting their pants over a DNC list then I'm not sure what to tell them. I really doubt there would be any complaints with a courtesy phone call regarding a lead they filled out a while ago.
Here's how the conversation would go (assuming I bought the leads and had no contact with them before):

"Hi is this Samatha"

"yes who is this"

"This is Baggins calling regarding your STRS Pension plan."

"oh, is something wrong (bites fingernails)

"No no, not at all, I'm just following up from our office here in San Mateo, because you requested a STRS pension review with one of our representatives at a seminar last May and for whatever reason weren't able to meet at that time."

'oh right I know i need to do that, i've been meaning to but i've been so busy'

"That's ok, I just wanted to touch base and make sure we didn't lose touch. Is there anything that you need help with regarding your pension or 403b accounts?"

'well i have these 3 accounts and have no idea what's going on with them"

"I can help you with that. I'm in your area on Monday and Wed next week. Would you like me to stop by your classroom?"

.................YOU GET THE IDEA! Or Are you going to wet your pants over the DNC list? These people filled out the damn form in their own writing and need help. Stop being such paranoid f*cktard.

And you're a real genius to note that old leads are not as good as fresh ones. But trust me in this market old leads still have more impact than in any other due to the nature of their professions - timing is everything. I'd say 35-40% of my leads would come up to me and say "oh i'm giving you this form but I really can't meet you til the summer can u please contact me then - I'm just so busy right now but know i have to do something!"

I've trained agents like you in the past. Can't get past their own objections and have a million excuses why nothing will work. Sad sad sad!

Last edited:
The real point is, they don't need to buy your leads. If someone wants to work the market, they can sign up with a reputable company with a slot and get their own leads for free. I work almost exclusively in the 403b market. I have been trained with scripts, presentations, etc. and given schools to work in. I get paid commissions, I didn't pay the company to get started. The teachers fill out cards for me, too. Maybe you should try mentoring someone and try a split on commissions instead.
You talk like you have an exclusive idea - which as has been pointed out by several people - you do not have. Plus you are being rude to Norway guy who has posted may times very valuable information that I have used in my own practice.

I didn't claim to have discovered this market all by myself. But I do believe that I've done things in this market that I've seen very few agents do. There are such incredible opportunities for marketing life insurance in this market that almost all agents I've seen in this market completely miss. The money I've seen agents leave on the table in the 403b market is remarkable. The annuities (flow and rollover) are layups there for anyone's taking.

(BTW: I just sold the leads so they are no longer available. The guy that bought them wasn't worried about DNC lists or age. I gave him an exceptional deal on them. If he makes one sale he'll likely get all his money back) The real gold is in the seminar and sales system. If you are working in the 403b market and 75% of your business is coming flow annuities like most, you are missing the boat.

Also, you mentioned that you (Maj73) are 'given' schools to go to. Who gives you these schools? Nothing is 'given' in this business. See, you are simply working for someone like me and likely sacrificing big commissions. The point of my system is to teach you to do this for yourself and make much much more commissions and have a lot more control over your business.

As for Norway guy- look no offense to the old bloke....but I can't really take seriously anyone who tries to shoot holes in my offer with a bb gun.

Last edited:
If you want to work this market, you just can't go and sign up to do it Maj73. There are only so many slots and they are coveted, at least in Florida.
The rules changed a couple years back nationwide I believe and it is no longer the wild west in the 403b market. At least not in schools.

I didn't claim to have discovered this market all by myself. But I do believe that I've done things in this market that I've seen very few agents do. There are such incredible opportunities for marketing life insurance in this market that almost all agents I've seen in this market completely miss. The money I've seen agents leave on the table in the 403b market is remarkable.

(I just sold the leads so they are no longer available. But the real gold is in the seminar and sales system.) If you are working in the 403b market and writing 70% flow annuities like most, you are missing the boat.

Also, you mention that you are 'given' schools to go to. Who gives you these schools? Nothing is 'given' in this business. See, you are simply working for someone like me and likely sacrificing big commissions. The point of my system is to teach you to do this for yourself and make much much more commissions and have a lot more control over your business.

As for Norway guy- look no offense to the old bloke....but I can't really take seriously anyone who tries to shoot holes in my offer with a bb gun.

Baggins my main issue with you is that this forum has an offers section. That section requires a minimum number of posts before you can place offers...I forget if it is 100 or 200. The idea behind that rule is to stop someone from just coming on here and pimping their product without providing any value to the forum (and by value that which forum members do not need to purchase from you).

If your statements are true (and no offense but marketers make many claims) then I would agree that you have something to offer as most 403(b) agents are not getting $500 monthly life premiums.

You have 5 posts on this forum and all are in this thread try giving back to the community as opposed to just trying to profit.
If you want to work this market, you just can't go and sign up to do it Maj73. There are only so many slots and they are coveted, at least in Florida.
The rules changed a couple years back nationwide I believe and it is no longer the wild west in the 403b market. At least not in schools.

Maybe Florida is more restrictive than Maine. But if someone wants to work the 403(b) market bad enough all they need do is contact the district and first check which carriers are currently approved in the Distrct and while on the phone ask what would be required to be added to the plan document.

Being added to the plan document which is a new requirement of the 403(b) regulations is where things are a little more difficult as the district needs to amend a legal document (Which they can do with a word processor) however they will most likely be paying thier attorney to do this and they won't want to do it lightly...I think gone are the days of calling up and being put on the list with no clients, or with 1, 5, or 10 participants those where easy to meet.

Back to the carriers already on the list the next thing is to call those carriers...Most are either captive Insurance Companies or Independent companies with a Captive division for the 403(b) program...but there are still carriers out there dealing with Independent agents and most Mutual Fund companies will work with independents (if your states still have Mutual Funds on the list)

Last edited:
Norway- Point taken- forgive me for not reading the rules etc before posting...i just googled insurance forums and found this. I was placing ads on craigslist and the like. So my bad for not reading the rules. I thought my sincerity would be apparent in my writing style. I'm not selling some ebook here. I'm offering 'mentoring' - 'couching etc' in one on one or small group face to face fashion locally.

With that said I did just contribute another article here. I will try to add value here now that I am a member.
New post under: Looking an IMO for Americo / Life insurance category
Baggins my main issue with you is that this forum has an offers section. That section requires a minimum number of posts before you can place offers...I forget if it is 100 or 200. The idea behind that rule is to stop someone from just coming on here and pimping their product without providing any value to the forum (and by value that which forum members do not need to purchase from you).

If your statements are true (and no offense but marketers make many claims) then I would agree that you have something to offer as most 403(b) agents are not getting $500 monthly life premiums.

You have 5 posts on this forum and all are in this thread try giving back to the community as opposed to just trying to profit.

Maybe Florida is more restrictive than Maine. But if someone wants to work the 403(b) market bad enough all they need do is contact the district and first check which carriers are currently approved in the Distrct and while on the phone ask what would be required to be added to the plan document.

Being added to the plan document which is a new requirement of the 403(b) regulations is where things are a little more difficult as the district needs to amend a legal document (Which they can do with a word processor) however they will most likely be paying thier attorney to do this and they won't want to do it lightly...I think gone are the days of calling up and being put on the list with no clients, or with 1, 5, or 10 participants those where easy to meet.

Back to the carriers already on the list the next thing is to call those carriers...Most are either captive Insurance Companies or Independent companies with a Captive division for the 403(b) program...but there are still carriers out there dealing with Independent agents and most Mutual Fund companies will work with independents (if your states still have Mutual Funds on the list)

This last statement does not hold true for California. There are over 80 companies (most of them insurance companies) on the approved list for CalSTRS. On a district level it may be a smaller amount of approvals. Many or most of these companies any independent can contract with and do their thing. 403b divisions within insurance companies are simply for information and marketing / also compliance. As long as you know what you are doing they will gladly take your business ALL DAY LONG.

Forget the products and companies! That's the least of any agents worry in this market. In CA at least there are 67 Vendors (companies) and 244 approved products. If you are dealing with a company that's not on the list - move on and pick another of the 67 companies that ARE on the list! (Aren't the agents in this forum independent? Do captive agents really exist anymore? lol).

Personally I have 2-4 'go-to' companies in this market. And it's very rare that all of them are not approved in every district I go to. If one of them is not on the list, so what-- I present the other companies. The products are often comparable anyway, and you should only be dealing with companies you like/trust.

The key is 'how do you get into the schools'? Also, what will you say once you are there to gain clients. There's a real art to these seminars and the one on one meetings that follow.

I've trained agents in this before and when I see agents get hung up on the company they are selling I'm always baffled. You sell youself-and your own business, then match the client with an approved listed company. It's that easy.

Last edited:
I have a funny feeling baggins415 is recruiting for First Financial Security. Its Network Marketing. I know somebody who did this with them.

Very wrong. It was clear I'm offering a proprietary system that I've learned from years in the business and ingenuity - something you probably can't fathom.

Well let's do the numbers here......unless you are planning on selling a butt load of your 'proprietary systems' and recruiting, you would make more money just staying with what you did/do, providing you do/did what you say you have done/do/did.

You have some fuzzy math going on lol.......fathom that. :err:

Correct me if I'm wrong, just the way I see it. I wish you well either way. I'm not picking on you either. I'm like Switzerland around here. Neutral. ;)

Well let's do the numbers here......unless you are planning on selling a butt load of your 'proprietary systems' and recruiting, you would make more money just staying with what you did/do, providing you do/did what you say you have done/do/did.

You have some fuzzy math going on lol.......fathom that. :err:

Correct me if I'm wrong, just the way I see it. I wish you well either way. I'm not picking on you either. I'm like Switzerland around here. Neutral. ;)

Ok genius...let me give you little marketing 101 here and a mathematics lesson while we are at it . You claim no one would leave this business. Well I just did. Well, I didn't leave it, I'm just looking to teach it now. See, I also have my fingers in a few pies, and not just insurance - so please don't tell me what 'no one' would do. The 403b market is fantastic for the agent who really wants to cultivate schools and relationships and build a client base. I've been there and done it. It's easy easy pickings for that. I am more of an elephant hunter though, and a business builder.

So imagine this. I sell my system to anyone who wants to learn. For the right price I'll show a limited amount of people in a classroom setting how to do this. They will get more than what they paid for. They are free to go and use this golden information as they wish.

But I'm also a GA with high level contracts. More than 75% of these students will want to contract with me with a few companies I have because 1. I'm a proven expert in this and they've seen and witnessed this firsthand and will want access to my brain. 2. My plan and marketing strategy in California is full proof (can't help all you guys whining about Maine or Florida, boohoo). 3. My contracts are FAT which means they won't be able to do better down the street anyway. 4. My products (one especially) is head and shoulders above anything in the market. 5. Ongoing support and expertise from me to help them sell sell sell!! 6. My ability to teach them exactly what to sell, (much beyond 403b's) and how to sell to this market.

Do you get it now knucklehead? I'll be providing value to my new agents. I'll also be refunding 100% of my course cost after just $25,000 of life production.

While you sit around insurance forums with all your bitterness and skepticism, I'll be teaching agents how to make money and going "CHEERS!!" to our fat commission checks over a cold beer.

Back