8% Insurance Wealth Conference

I truly feel sorry for anyone paying to attend that pitchfest.

What’s the difference between going to a conference or reading a book?

One thing we can agree on is no one is going to leave this (or any conference w/ this kind of lineup) worse than they came.

What’s the difference between going to a conference or reading a book?

One thing we can agree on is no one is going to leave this (or any conference w/ this kind of lineup) worse than they came.

Oh, they definitely can. They can leave a lot poorer having bought systems that are actually of little to no value. Now, I'm not commenting on what will be pitched here specifically, but in general. At many conferences like this, people will be pitching systems and tools that are of little value.

And a book might only cost me 20, 30, or 40 versus hundreds or thousands to attend a conference.

Oh, they definitely can. They can leave a lot poorer having bought systems that are actually of little to no value. Now, I'm not commenting on what will be pitched here specifically, but in general. At many conferences like this, people will be pitching systems and tools that are of little value.

And a book might only cost me 20, 30, or 40 versus hundreds or thousands to attend a conference.

True about the pitches, but that doesn’t also take away from the value and experience that some speakers bring too.

Just curious, which conferences have you physically been to that was a complete waste of money?

Conventions/conferences are more about the connections one makes versus the platform pitches you hear.

Books don't provide a human connection.

I was gonna say the same thing. I personally hate going to those type of things, but making new contacts is the real value to me.

Conventions/conferences are more about the connections one makes versus the platform pitches you hear.

Books don't provide a human connection.

Very good point. Which actually just feeds mine. Go to the city and hang out at the bar, don't actually pay for the conference.

Very good point. Which actually just feeds mine. Go to the city and hang out at the bar, don't actually pay for the conference.
They're giving out a bunch of free tickets right now. I don't think they sold enough.

So for anyone within driving distance I don't think it's a bad idea to rub shoulders with other like-minded people :)

If I was closer I would come just for Grant.

Latest posts

Back