8% Insurance Wealth Conference

If I was closer I would come just for Grant.

When I was first in the car biz my dealer signed on for Cardone training. I still have books, cd's, and dvd's of his material which was, I thought, all very good - especially for the car sales training. In my opinion, up until about 2009 or so, he was a very good sales trainer. I'm not sure I see much value in his new phase.

Many of these motivational speakers are high energy types that mostly are living off their reputation. A number of them are self-made people who hit bottom then worked their way back to the top.

Dave Ramsey is a good example of someone who was on top of the world in his 20's then lost it all. He started over by selling "get out of debt" books and tapes out of the trunk of his car.

Ramsey, Tony Robbins, Steve Jobs, Wally Amos. Many of these were successful but suffered setbacks. Yet they did not give up. They persevered and came back stronger.

I find their stories inspiring but not motivational. But some do and that is why these events draw big crowds.

Kirby has a good point. Go to the hotel where the event is held and hang out in the bar. Many years ago a company I worked for flew the sales reps, all 5 of us, into Orlando for a national convention. We stayed at the hotel but were not attendees. We took turns holding a table at the lobby bar and bought drinks for many of the people who were there for the meeting. We picked up new clients and wrote a lot of business because of networking.

The contacts you make and renewing friendships make these events worthwhile

When I was first in the car biz my dealer signed on for Cardone training. I still have books, cd's, and dvd's of his material which was, I thought, all very good - especially for the car sales training. In my opinion, up until about 2009 or so, he was a very good sales trainer. I'm not sure I see much value in his new phase.
Why does Grant Cardone remind me of Bill Clinton?
IMG_0562.JPG IMG_0563.JPG

They're giving out a bunch of free tickets right now. I don't think they sold enough.

So for anyone within driving distance I don't think it's a bad idea to rub shoulders with other like-minded people :)

If I was closer I would come just for Grant.

Someone else told me they were giving them away as well. Which brings me back to my very first point. I truly feel sorry for anyone who paid to attend this. Not only is the value questionable, but they are now giving away tickets.

But I do agree with you and Bob. If you can go for free and focus on networking, there can be value in this. Even for free, I'd probably skip the events and just hang out with those I find interesting and see what connections I could build.

Someone else told me they were giving them away as well. Which brings me back to my very first point. I truly feel sorry for anyone who paid to attend this. Not only is the value questionable, but they are now giving away tickets.

But I do agree with you and Bob. If you can go for free and focus on networking, there can be value in this. Even for free, I'd probably skip the events and just hang out with those I find interesting and see what connections I could build.

Thats the entire purpose of an event like this.

To my knowledge, there isnt a conference this heavily influenced by final expense agents than the one this company is putting on.

If anyone is serious about their business, they should be seeking out networking opportunities like this on a regular basis.

Why would an FE salesperson or IMO need to network at a convention like this? Are there going to be a bunch of low income seniors with bank accounts? If you were an IMO is there anything of value you would want to share with other IMOs? I suspect the people selling are the lolife coaches and the buyers are FE IMO, perhaps wanting to push this crap downline.

Why would an FE salesperson or IMO need to network at a convention like this? Are there going to be a bunch of low income seniors with bank accounts? If you were an IMO is there anything of value you would want to share with other IMOs? I suspect the people selling are the lolife coaches and the buyers are FE IMO, perhaps wanting to push this crap downline.

Wow, and I thought I was the negative one on this thread...

Expand your horizons. Networking with your peers is generally a good thing. And the nice thing about FE is that it is very localized. So you can network with other agents in other parts of the country and share techniques without worry of someone using it in your backyard.

Now IMOs, that is a bit trickier. There are still opportunities to network, but since there is more competition there is less incentive to share. You still might learn good things, get connected to people who can help you, or even find better contracts your agency.

If that’s the case I would prefer to network on an incentive trip. That way I know I’m talking to proven producers.

If that’s the case I would prefer to network on an incentive trip. That way I know I’m talking to proven producers.

I’ve met many broke agents on incentive trips.

However, the agent dropping $1,000 for a confrence ticket, $600 for airfare, and another $750 on a hotel, because he or she wants to is a proven producer.

Back