9 Good Reasons To Operate A Insurance Sales Call Center:

" Good luck with your scheme, but I find it lacking. Selling insurance for the long term is about client relationships, and that is hard to create in a call center. "

We're just selling simple issue Whole Life and Term w/ ROP - it's not rocket science.

Learning curve is minimal.

Product line is streamlined.

We target a market that is begging for attention. It works - we've seen it happen in the last month. 30 new agents - 24 never in the biz. Gross AP is right at $1000 per agent average each week.

This is how simple it is after the CSR has done their job:

Agent: Ms. Jones - this is Tom with "The Insurance" - I spoke to Megan ( CSR ) and she said you are looking for life insurance protection - Ms. Jones - were you looking for coverage on yourself, your family or another loved one?

Client: I need some life insurance on my husband.

Agent: OK - I'm sure I can help. I see that you live in Atlanta, Georgia - been there long?

Client: About 30 years.

Agent: Wow - that's a long time. OK - let's see what we can get your husband qualified for today . . .

At this point you already had the info from Megan and the quote was already ready - just verify a few points.

Agent: Ok Ms. Jones - he does qualify for a few different plans. A plan with $25,000 in protection will be only $98 a month for a Whole Life policy or a plan with $100,000 in protection is only $76 a month for a 30 Year Term policy with ROP - let explain the difference and then you decide which is best for you and your husband.

The Whole Life plan is permanent protection. Your rates never increase and your benefits never decrease. Your policy can build cash value. When your husband passes - his policy will pay his beneficiary - which is you I imagine - at least $25,000 or maybe more depending on how long the policy was in force. He will pay on this plan for his "whole life" and it's only $98 monthly.

If you need a greater amount of immediate protection, but still want to have enough money to pay your husband's Funeral Expenses or Final Expenses - you can get a $100,000 30 Year Term policy with ROP for only $76 a month. This plan gives him greater coverage, but it's not permanent protection because the policy will expire in 30 years. BUT - when it does expire - your husband will receive a cash refund for every dollar paid into the plan over those 30 years. These funds can go towards his Final Expenses. If he passes before the term expires - his beneficiary would receive the full face amount of $100,000 - which leaves a little extra for the hard times.

With either plan - your family is protected it just depends on which one feels right.

Which plan would your husband want to leave to you when his number is called Ms. Jones - the Whole Life Plan or the Term w/ROP?

Client: I'd like the Whole Life Plan.

Agent: Excellent choice. We'll set it up so the premium is automatically paid by your bank each month. Which bank do you use? Look at the bottom of your check - give me the routing number - it's the string of numbers on the left side and has 9 digits. Ok - now - what is your account number - it is to the right of the routing number. Thanks!

The initial withdrawal of $98 will be the day your policy is issued, which is usually less than a week. For all future payments - what day each month do you want your bank to pay your premium payment? Ok - the 3rd it is.

Since you will be the owner and beneficiary of your husbands plan, we need to speak to him to verify a little information - could you please pass him the phone.

1) Sure.

2) He just left to go to the store.

Agent: That's ok - it won't take but a minute - what's his cell # and I'll 3 way him in - won't take but a sec . . .

Close it up - move onto the next lead or stand by for a live transfer. It's easy if the CSR does their job.

Anyway - you get the idea. Not much to explain or go over with simple issue life. The hardest part is qualifying the lead and verifying that the client truly wants coverage. All this is done by the CSR.

Wam Bam Thank You Mam!

You gave the client what they were seeking and closed a sale at the same time . . .

Tom

Where do I see a question about health? Perhaps he qualifies for a better price plan. What happens then?

Do you quote the proper product or lose the case in 2 months when they get smarter?

Rick

Where do I see a question about health? Perhaps he qualifies for a better price plan. What happens then?

Do you quote the proper product or lose the case in 2 months when they get smarter?

Rick

He has stated in prior post that is not their game... so... he looses it and BAM!!! chargeback... remember, insurance is MLM.....just slam 'em against the wall amd move on, u can outrun ALL chargebacks....according to the tobacco road conman... all advances all the time

Last edited:
myinsure.. I gotta ask why are you trying so f in g hard to convince anybody that your plan will work... Is that for us or you?

Go do your thing, make money and find your happiness... quit trying to make everybody else a believer. Most of us know of guys like you who have attempted this.. most of us don't like that kind of guy.

You're trying too hard and that makes it suspect. Most people with successful programs may mention it in passing.. but they don't spend even a post or two defending what they do... They just do it... you've been going on for days now... maybe you should ask yourself why?

Descriptively "call center" and "agency" are really two different terms. At least on the forum.

"call center" denotes a churn and burn mentality while an insurance "agency" is generally perceived as a group of solid, ethical agents.

Agencies can make money with a good business model, the call centers are the ones that receive and generally deserve the bad reputation.

Either way, let the guy implode or succeed. It doesn't effect us unless we let it.

He is selling a system and we are the audience.

Go do your thing, make money and find your happiness... quit trying to make everybody else a believer. Most of us know of guys like you who have attempted this.. most of us don't like that kind of guy.

Well said LGilmore.

The people occupying the Call Center seats are independent insurance agents - if they don't produce - just replace them.

They are 1099 Independent Contractors - they're not employees. They know the office schedule and production quotas in order to have a seat in the Call Center.

This is illegal per IRS rules. Did you run this past your Attorney?

There is a test per IRS guidelines such as setting schedule and using your equipment - they are W2 employees. Now that being said do I know agencies that pay everyone 1099 - yes, are they all illegal operations - YES.

I have said this for years - if it was legal to pay in house people 1099, WALMART would be doing it.

You have a lot more homework to do my friend.

Back