9 Good Reasons To Operate A Insurance Sales Call Center:

I didn't bother chiming in since it seems it's of no use. You cannot have people come to your place of employ - even without a set schedule and call them contractors.

Imagine that fiasco - just put everyone on 1099 and say "ok, the people who come in first and work the longest have jobs, everyone else - there's the door.

I'd suggest that Tom read this again: Behavioral Control

For example - does Tom plan on offering training? If so:

If the business provides the worker with training on how to do the job, this indicates that the business wants the job done in a particular way. This is strong evidence that the worker is an employee. Periodic or on-going training about procedures and methods is even stronger evidence of an employer-employee relationship. However, independent contractors ordinarily use their own methods.

Now - there's a big difference between speeding and teaching people to speed. Everyone speeds - but imagine charging for a program that is entitled "Speeding - how to beat the cops every time."

So I don't expect to hear how other people are also violating the tax code.

Last edited:
" Where do I see a question about health? Perhaps he qualifies for a better price plan. What happens then? "

This is all pre-determined by the CSR before getting to the agent.

" You cannot have people come to your place of employ - even without a set schedule and call them contractors."

I'll check on that this morning.

See what I mean - just like a focus group. Good stuff . . .

Tom

There is no legal way to pay contractors to come to your place of business - John is 100% correct. This is right up there with "income tax is illegal schemes". Any CPA or Attorney will agree this can not legally be done. Why? Simply put the gov't wants to regulate your employee and collect tax - what a concept!

How do you get caught?

Two ways...

1. Workers Comp - A 1099 contractor falls off a chair at work , now what do you do? In Texas we are the only state where worker comp is optional - but in 49 other states you are in big trouble in this scenario.

2. Unemployment - Do not think for a second one of your disgruntled agents will not file for unemployment - they will. And guess what? You are BUSTED because you have not paid one dime into the system.

Then there is the issue of Tax liability. That so called contractor can come back to YOU for the tax owed.

Does this all sound like fun yet?

LOL...

I do however appreciate ones drive and motivation - but like all ventures there is a lot of homework to be done.

There is no legal way to pay contractors to come to your place of business - John is 100% correct. This is right up there with "income tax is illegal schemes". Any CPA or Attorney will agree this can not legally be done. Why? Simply put the gov't wants to regulate your employee and collect tax - what a concept!

How do you get caught?

Two ways...

1. Workers Comp - A 1099 contractor falls off a chair at work , now what do you do? In Texas we are the only state where worker comp is optional - but in 49 other states you are in big trouble in this scenario.

2. Unemployment - Do not think for a second one of your disgruntled agents will not file for unemployment - they will. And guess what? You are BUSTED because you have not paid one dime into the system.

Then there is the issue of Tax liability. That so called contractor can come back to YOU for the tax owed.

Does this all sound like fun yet?

LOL...

I do however appreciate ones drive and motivation - but like all ventures there is a lot of homework to be done.

or someone from this board reports him...

Well with all due respect to Tom, if you have to "check on it" to see if you're about to violate major tax codes I think I'd put this on the back burner.

Joe is right - have one of your "contractors" get hurt on the job. It's game, set and match.

I'm not "kind of" right. You absolutely positively cannot have anyone work out of your place of business and label them a contractors.

Last edited:
The secret is this gradually invest more and more by this formula

50% living expenses and investments

25% marketing and business development

25% taxes

run your business like a business and an agent of average ability will be a millionaire in 3-5 years

cheers
:yes: Not sure about the millionaire part but that is a good plan. Every agent has probably heard this advice somewhere and I would guess that 95% do not invest in their business. I was part of that 95% at one time.

Sadly the reason 95% will not is that they work to their needs not their desires. I fact most people in general do not know how to desire long term.

That is what sets the rich apart from the pack. A Dolnald Trump constant has desires and wants whether that be fame or wealth and it pushes him to greatness at least in the financial realm.

In sale in general income is unlimited but a person's desire is not. what I have seen is an agent will set a goal lets say it takes 40 hours at first, then 30, then 20, then 10 but he or she will stop working because they can meet the goal in less time and as a result they will never triple or more their income like their expertise will indicate they should

The secret is this gradually invest more and more by this formula

50% living expenses and investments

25% marketing and business development

25% taxes
25% in Taxes? What offshore country are you operating in? Between property tax, payroll tax, income tax and lets not forget my new favorite...

OBAMA TAX

25%??? That's pretty low.

I wish you could learn how to work the quote function on this web site......

" Where do I see a question about health? Perhaps he qualifies for a better price plan. What happens then? "

This is all pre-determined by the CSR before getting to the agent.

" You cannot have people come to your place of employ - even without a set schedule and call them contractors."

I'll check on that this morning.

See what I mean - just like a focus group. Good stuff . . .

Tom

Back