91 day restriction on Short Term health plans

I used Now, premiums are so high that STM makes sense. Do we know the ACA premium grace period for premium payments after month 1?

In my experience, carriers are now chasing people for past due payments, even with use of legal grace period and sometimes sending to collections. Beware!

There is more to this story. The lady told the doctor, prior to getting the policy she had a lump in breast. It was decided to wait and watch. She did not disclose the lump. The insurance company, right or wrong, claimed a prudent person would have done more. Kn owing one's clear medical history is mandatory.

Yes, weighing premium carefully however, after last year, the 1st $13,000 in claims would have been spent on premiums for $6400 out of pocket. Family is on Far As Bureau with what is pretty decent coverage administered by UHC.

I think I read in the 2017 UHC STM contract that pre-ex was limited to 24 months treatment free. Always have anyone applying for underwritten individual plans review the actual medical records so that they know what the Doc has written. I've made the nurse restate what she had written because it could be interpreted as being more severe than it is.

Ex: have a stroke 15 yrs ago and treatment free. Ask the Doc whether there is any new re strokes and daily aspirin and it could be interpreted as "having received advice" about a condition.

Carriers log what they think you say. As agent, ask the person you're talking to to read their notes back to you. Ask them to make changes and read them back. Keep your own notes in your CRM.

Yes, weighing premium carefully however, after last year, the 1st $13,000 in claims would have been spent on premiums for $6400 out of pocket. Family is on Far As Bureau with what is pretty decent coverage administered by UHC.

I think I read in the 2017 UHC STM contract that pre-ex was limited to 24 months treatment free. Always have anyone applying for underwritten individual plans review the actual medical records so that they know what the Doc has written. I've made the nurse restate what she had written because it could be interpreted as being more severe than it is.

Ex: have a stroke 15 yrs ago and treatment free. Ask the Doc whether there is any new re strokes and daily aspirin and it could be interpreted as "having received advice" about a condition.
I always tell people to keep all records. I have seen many incorrect notes in mine.

Back