A Crazy Client

.....This lady also tries to act like an insurance agent and has no lic. She gives other clients on that site advise without having a clue or a lic.

Mark, my guess after reading that site is that she at some time daubled in selling insurance but washed out.

I want to make sure that the company knows that I told the client never to lie on the application and warn them what could happen if they do.

If it makes you feel good to have them sign the form, then fine. But it won't protect you in the event your client sues you any more than the signs in the Kroger parking lot absolve them from any liability in the event of a run away cart.

Now if you want to video tape every client meeting, and record every phone conversation, you MIGHT have a case. Doesn't mean you won't be sued, but it might extricate you from the suit a little quicker when it happens.

Of course you will still have to hire an attorney to defend you, and you will still have to pay them. Or you can file a claim against your E&O carrier and hope they pay for legal counsel.

Back to your original story . . . this lady has no clue. As other have said, walk away.

As for her claim that the carrier can be sued for refusing to issue the policy, I can see a few instances where the carrier would find it expeditious to settle out of court rather than fight, particularly if it was a small face amount. If this were a conversion from group or existing term, the carrier is within their right to refuse to issue the policy. But they can also decide to pay the claim rather than pay the legal fees and draw unwanted publicity in a lawsuit.

You might be surprised at the number of times a carrier caves rather than fighting a legitimate denial. Kind of disgusting actually. I have seen it more times than I care to admit.

Few months ago I had someone try to play a similar game. Told them I couldn't help the, didn't give them a business card or re mention my name.

If it makes you feel good to have them sign the form, then fine. But it won't protect you in the event your client sues you any more than the signs in the Kroger parking lot absolve them from any liability in the event of a run away cart.

Now if you want to video tape every client meeting, and record every phone conversation, you MIGHT have a case. Doesn't mean you won't be sued, but it might extricate you from the suit a little quicker when it happens.

Of course you will still have to hire an attorney to defend you, and you will still have to pay them. Or you can file a claim against your E&O carrier and hope they pay for legal counsel.

Back to your original story . . . this lady has no clue. As other have said, walk away.

As for her claim that the carrier can be sued for refusing to issue the policy, I can see a few instances where the carrier would find it expeditious to settle out of court rather than fight, particularly if it was a small face amount. If this were a conversion from group or existing term, the carrier is within their right to refuse to issue the policy. But they can also decide to pay the claim rather than pay the legal fees and draw unwanted publicity in a lawsuit.

You might be surprised at the number of times a carrier caves rather than fighting a legitimate denial. Kind of disgusting actually. I have seen it more times than I care to admit.

The form has already saved me a couple of times. Example I was with PBL and wrote a client that had a felony and just got out of prision 6 months before seeing him. I asked him all the questions, took the time to tell him how important it was to be honest with me and had him sign the form. He lies to me and everything is checked no on the app. He signed this extra form. So next PBL calls me and tries to rake me over the coals. They thought that I could look someone in the eyes and tell if they are lying or just got out of prision. But I was able to show them the extra form that he signed and it got them off my back.

The form is not meant to keep someone for sueing you. I have had clients change their answers after I show them this form.
I started using it after a couple of my agents used a form like it and it saved them. I use the form to show the the company, when they find out the client is lying and then want to blame me for the client lying.

When a client lies, sometimes the company will blame the agent. I've seen agents fired because just two of their clients lied on an application and they thought there was some kind of a pattern and fired the agent.

Get Your Clients to Sign This <--- Here is a post on this forum that will show the form that I'm talking about.

For those catching the tail end of this. I had a lady tell me that the hippa law allowed her to lie to the insurance company and me and she can lie to us about having aids/hiv and she would sue us, if we found out about it or didn't give her the coverage.

This is part of what she said on another website.
I have removed the link to the other site, but this is what she had to say.

"A friend of mine has a 'pre-existing' Medical condition, that is 'covered' under the HIPAA Law. 'His' Insurance company refused to sell him Life Insurance if he did not sign a similar form ('not responsible for...). His Mother was POA. When my friend passed away, his mother sued the Insurance company and won."

"The HIPAA Law......my friend was HIV..AIDS. He din't have to divuldge any of that information to any sort of Insurance."

Last edited:
If you really want a crazy client contest, see who can beat this:

Lady came in to discuss investments and her divorce situation. She was very concerned that her soon-to-be ex-husband not find out any information from our meeting. I assured her that everything was confidential. She then got off on a tangent talking about her dentist and how nothing could be confidential. While I was trying to figure that out, she motioned me to come closer.

"My husband paid off my dentist to put in a radio transmitter in a filling. It took me years to figure out how he always knew what I was doing. He may be listening right now."

Yes, this really happened, and no, I never followed up with her.

You should have told her you have a lead lined office. Not even Superman's X-ray vision can penetrate.

That has saved my butt a few times . . .

Why not just pull the tooth? Let me guess, if she trys to pull the tooth, something bad would happen.

I would have also asked her, does she get radio stations with it?

Back