Client that calls repeatedly

Thanks for the comments. I appreciate your insight.

I can't seem to see this in an email, so maybe he told me verbally, I thought he has told me the KS non=resident fee was $89.

I don't understand PayPal very well, I just use it to make eBay payments.

In addition to the waiting I've talked about, I went to PayPal, put in his business email and put in a round amount of $100 marked licensing fees. It looked like that payment was processed, if it was, I have also reimbursed him for that license fee he spent.

I decided that was fair, and if he wanted any profit he could get me the application.
Reimbursement for the license fee is not something that I would expect, and I wouldn't accept it, but that was very thoughtful of you.

The bizarre thing about his case is that he would do all of this for a $25k annuity. There is too much liability, and not enough commission, unless you're doing it full time.

As a part timer in annuities, I find it difficult to take on the responsibility for under $50k Premium, and the client has to at least have some annuity experience, or I pass on it.

Last edited:
Is he lonely? What's the purpose of the calls? I could see someone calling to check on the value of their IRA, but this seems extremely excessive for insurance, regardless of the type. Sounds like the poor guy needs a friend.

Is he lonely? What's the purpose of the calls? I could see someone calling to check on the value of their IRA, but this seems extremely excessive for insurance, regardless of the type. Sounds like the poor guy needs a friend.
Calls: don't have my ID card, can you get me one? I lost the ID card you sent me, can you send another ?, I think I may move next year, do I need to give you my new address when I do?, I'm going to the Dr., does this policy cover doctor's visits? Are my Rx covered? and similar questions.

These are all separate calls, and multiply by two or three for each one. This was after reviewing the summary of benefits with him, and sending a copy. I think he may have some kind of disorder, idk, that's outside my tax bracket.

I do have a little more sympathy now. He contacted me 8 more times after I started this thread. A forty year old man doesn't behave this way unless something is wrong. I am glad that I wrote about it here, rather than saying something unkind to him.

Calls: don't have my ID card, can you get me one? I lost the ID card you sent me, can you send another ?, I think I may move next year, do I need to give you my new address when I do?, I'm going to the Dr., does this policy cover doctor's visits? Are my Rx covered? and similar questions.

These are all separate calls, and multiply by two or three for each one. This was after reviewing the summary of benefits with him, and sending a copy. I think he may have some kind of disorder, idk, that's outside my tax bracket.

I do have a little more sympathy now. He contacted me 8 more times after I started this thread. A forty year old man doesn't behave this way unless something is wrong. I am glad that I wrote about it here, rather than saying something unkind to him.
At 40 he’s obviously on ssdi . I’m willing to bet he’s low income .Every client I write I put there name in my phone so I know who it is when they call . My new strategy's is paying dividends . I’m noticing some of the people that call a lot don’t leave a message .I used to call them back quick . Now I never call back .They might call 2-3 times and stop . The serial callers that leave messages I no longer call right back . If they leave 2-3 messages I make them wait many days . My CPA might wait 1-2 weeks to call me back . Once they understand your not calling them right back they learn many times and will reduce the calls .

Back