A Discussion on Having an Appt Setter Vs. Calling Yourself

Personally I think it's better to set them yourself and I think it's a no brainer if you are running less 20 leads a week.

When you are running 25-35 and more leads per week then it's time to consider a setter.

And then some people tell me they are just bad on the phone and a setter works for them because they can't set the appointments. My opinion is that there is probably trouble giving presentations too is you have that much trouble on the phone. But that's just opinion.

I actually hate that part of the job. Setting the appointments. Even though I'm pretty good at it. Least favorite part of the job though.

But I like making the initial contact. I can "HEAR" a lot of things not said when I'm the one doing the calling. And I've gotten better at that over the years.

You've nailed it why I like making my appointments, even though it seems I am not as good as you are. I especially liked that last paragraph. They are more apt to talk to the actual agent and tell them a lot more than they would a setter. One of my shortcomings on the phone could be talking too much. I let them open up with me on the phone. The advantage is when I get there the only things left to talk about is the dog, family, or the World Series (Go Giants!!).
Ideally, I like to run about 30 leads per week. The one day (Usually Wednesdays.) I spend on the phones, I consider it to be one of my work days. I spend 4 days in the field, and if things get really backed up, then I'll even work a Saturday.
Once in the field, it is all work (With a possible exception for a round of frisbee golf, especially if it is a course I haven't played up to that point.). In between appointments, I door knock the ones I didn't catch at home, or find a quiet area to park and get on the phone.
I like the feeling of having total control of my leads and of my day once I am out there, which is just another reason why I don't like setters.

No, Monday and Tuesday are door knock days. They could also be days that appointments were made while I was out and about from the previous week.
I've worked 5 or 6 Sundays <> in 35 years. I'd just soon as think there is one day of the week I never think of work and I have all to myself.

Do you make calls on Sunday for the Monday Tues appts?

You've nailed it why I like making my appointments, even though it seems I am not as good as you are. I especially liked that last paragraph. They are more apt to talk to the actual agent and tell them a lot more than they would a setter. One of my shortcomings on the phone could be talking too much. I let them open up with me on the phone. The advantage is when I get there the only things left to talk about is the dog, family, or the World Series (Go Giants!!).
Ideally, I like to run about 30 leads per week. The one day (Usually Wednesdays.) I spend on the phones, I consider it to be one of my work days. I spend 4 days in the field, and if things get really backed up, then I'll even work a Saturday.
Once in the field, it is all work (With a possible exception for a round of frisbee golf, especially if it is a course I haven't played up to that point.). In between appointments, I door knock the ones I didn't catch at home, or find a quiet area to park and get on the phone.
I like the feeling of having total control of my leads and of my day once I am out there, which is just another reason why I don't like setters.

These people dont give a rats ass if they talk to the agent or a setter, does not matter or compute to them.

But the setters who's not your wife could give a rats ass if she burns threw 10 leads to get 4 appts and the setter will also set up a bunch of bs appts to get her sitting fee

That's right, Peteybear. I had one experience with a setter, and she did not care if she burned through my leads.
Respectfully, John, I've had people thank me for calling them, and they were glad to talk directly to the one that was coming to their house. Many have told me how they don't like going through a handful of people before they get to the source. It just like calling a business and you go through many voice prompts before you get to where you need to be. You are pleasantly surprised if as soon as you dial the number someone answers the phone.
The latter is just an analogy to make the point.

But the setters who's not your wife could give a rats (I don't need a French lesson.) if she burns threw 10 leads to get 4 appts and the setter will also set up a bunch of () appts to get her sitting fee

Back