A dying agents warning ‼️

The idea that doctors should have zero checks and balances is asinine.

Had a lady in my office today.

She doesn't go to the doctor often.

Went recently for a check up.

Mentioned to the doc that she gets tired (she's 67).

Doctor prescribed Modafinil.

Ok, for the slow ones in the room.

THE DOCTOR PRESCRIBED MODAFINIL!

Did he tell her to take a walk? To start jogging? To do resistance exercises? To get involved more in a community? To read more? To put down her phone?

Nope. Modafinil.

You've got to be kidding me if you want these doctors having a blank check and free range. They're awful.
So you're practicing medicine now? Have you ever been 67 before?

Nope just another young buck with no skin in the game.

A lot of seniors get tired during the day. And with a lot of them it's thyroid related.

But you already knew that didn't you doc?

PA is already on Medicare. You don't see it because you're not on it. I'm on it and see it all the time.

With OM, nothing gets done unless your doctor approves or requests it. With MA, your insurance company gets involved. When is that ever good for you?

Your question is not about PA on Medicare. What you're really asking is why can't an insurance company be involved.

Big difference.
So you are telling me if the pain Dr wants to shoot cortisone in a joint he has to get with Medicare first to see if it’s Ok? Not the experience I have seen. The pain Dr in my area shoots every joint he can on OM and bitches when an MA plan makes him get PA to hold him accountable.

So you are telling me if the pain Dr wants to shoot cortisone in a joint he has to get with Medicare first to see if it’s Ok? Not the experience I have seen. The pain Dr in my area shoots every joint he can on OM and bitches when an MA plan makes him get PA to hold him accountable.
You're twisting what I said.

If the pain doctor approves or orders it the PA is included. No need to order it. You MA guys like to call it a blank check.

And you're forgetting about what I said about the company being involved.

One thing I do see more of is referrals. But that's because of the trend toward PCPs.

Prior auth is OK for 64 years and 364 days but when someone turns the magical age of 65 no more Prior Authorization. Talk about ass backwards. No wonder Med Sups go up and up. Can’t tell me a Med Sup company wouldn’t love PA but OM says nah, no need to look at a claim and let’s just pay it.
Exactly. When someone turns 65, it's the one and only opportunity to remove an insurance company from being in the middle of your doctor and your healthcare.

Me and my clients jump on that opportunity.

3 mapd misery calls yesterday, one of them moving their mom out of state to get mapd termed to get med supp GI.

Also, remember their kids have $$, and they are the ones who have to deal with all the parents mapd chit. I have found many low income seniors who have kids who are willing to pay for the med supp so they don't have to deal with parent health issues or surprise bills. I pay for my in laws supps just for that reason. I don't have to worry about having to show a power of attorney just to speak on their behalf be able to speak to carrier of why they are kicking them out of rehab

Seniors are generally sicker and more prone to falls vs those under 65. Recovery also takes longer and some conditions may never completely heal which requires more care and more OOP expenses.

@Yagents touched on children who may be willing to help parents pay the Medigap premium so they can have unfettered access to health care. It is much easier for the kids to chip in $100 or so to pay a premium than it is to cover the OOP costs which can be several thousand dollars.

This year has been a bad year for some of my clients. At least a dozen have experienced medical bills in xs of $30,000 and a handful had expenses over $100,000.

It can cost a lot of money to get old . . .

So you're practicing medicine now? Have you ever been 67 before?

Nope just another young buck with no skin in the game.

A lot of seniors get tired during the day. And with a lot of them it's thyroid related.

But you already knew that didn't you doc?

Right right right, forgot. Never question doctors.

And, I forgot that he gave her something for her thyroid.

[Checks notes: ______]

Right right right, forgot. Never question doctors.

And, I forgot that he gave her something for her thyroid.

[Checks notes: ______]

It's quite literally a Netflix-worthy rural clinic for all types of controlled meds.

And they love original medicare.

But you're right. I'm not a doctor so I should shut up.

Meanwhile, they're killing seniors.

It's quite literally a Netflix-worthy rural clinic for all types of controlled meds.

And they love original medicare.

But you're right. I'm not a doctor so I should shut up.

Meanwhile, they're killing seniors.
So throw an MA plan at it. Pretty sure that'll fix it.

And my youngest son is a doctor so yeah I question those suckers every day.

Back