Suggestions this AEP for disgruntled agents

I've already been in the situation of not getting paid commission for PDPs. I've always done what works best for my clients. Back before Cigna allowed agents in, there were some PDP that worked best and I helped them enroll via medicare.gov. Same with Wellcare, because I dropped them a couple of years ago. I just tell them that I don't work with the company, but it's the best fit for them. If they ask about payment, I just tell them to send me a referral. It all works out in the end, honestly. Obviously, if the difference is a few bucks, I'll present one I do get commission on, but utimately, a pdp commission is not worth me bailing on a client I help in other ways.
I didn't even bother putting in my letters about the commission issues, because it's not their problem.

Ditto everything that Y said.

Treat every client like your Grandma.
Are you bitching about commissions or putting her on the right plan?

For Hockey dude that needs helmet, I put 75 people on Aetna Smart last year at $0 commish, so KMA. Some of us DO THE RIGHT THING. EVERY DAMN TIME.

This year sucks. 80% on Wellcare. Oh well. I end every call with "Don't forget to tell your friends how fun I am!"

For Hockey dude that needs helmet, I put 75 people on Aetna Smart last year at $0 commish, so KMA. Some of us DO THE RIGHT THING. EVERY DAMN TIME.

This year sucks. 80% on Wellcare. Oh well. I end every call with "Don't forget to tell your friends how fun I am!"
Are you sure that you're not my daughter?

Hot damn I love you.

I have written or helped write many non commissioned plans over the years. As many said, what is best for the client however I won’t take on any new PDP only clients.
I have always been upfront with clients and will continue to do so. I will let them know that I do not receive a commission on a plan that works for them however it is the lowest overall annual cost and will help enroll or walk them through on Medicare gov. They will have to call the plan’s customer service if an issue arises, but I will help as much as I can.

It doesn’t mean I can’t bitch about losing commissions and I will be honest about who is paying for this Medicare prescription drug fix.

Oh honey...my grandma is Satans wife. I'm bitching about commissions all day long and putting her in the most expensive plan.

If an agent is unable to make a living operating in this changing environment perhaps it is advisable to find another line of work.

We are here to serve our clients first and foremost. Many of us have had to adapt and modify our business model over the years to maintain our standard of living.

Back