A Guide to P&C for New Agents and New Agencies

Great post, on the P&C side, this forum is lacking. RBA could be an asset, but he choices to be negitive. I am also toying with the idea, of going with superior excess, smart choice, and i am waiting for both of them to send me a few names, of agents that use them. I also looked at IDC, they sounded good they do PA, have NY pending, but they don't have NJ.

NCAgent said:
I'm going to shoot you a PM with my cell phone number and personal e-mail address. I'm in the Charlotte area as well, maybe I can help you out a bit.

You're not going to get Travelers on your own, and if you do there isn't going to be any homeowners with it, just auto.

How long have you been independent, and how many carriers do you have right now?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
So what questions have people faced that they feel should be addressed here?

What parts of this guide right now do you feel are inaccurate, or need more information?

I'm at a point now where I can keep going (for a long time, but then it's going to get random), stop, or put answers to questions I see frequently for agents/agencies.

Thanks for the phone chat. You provided me sound advice and reiterated points and suggestions I've received regarding being a new indy agent.

Thanks for the phone chat. You provided me sound advice and reiterated points and suggestions I've received regarding being a new indy agent.

Glad to help my dear. Good luck! Call me with any issues that you're facing and I'll see what I can do to help.

NCAGENT....VERY informative. Took a while to read and learned a few things. Your thread will be referred to many times in the future...it's ashame you don't get residuals.

NCAGENT....VERY informative. Took a while to read and learned a few things. Your thread will be referred to many times in the future...it's ashame you don't get residuals.

I appreciate it, thanks! I learned a LOT here and got a LOT of people's help. I figured consolidating some of it here wouldn't be a bad thing. In addition, I'm also tired of people asking the same questions. If we can get this stickied in P&C and getting started selling insurance, I'd be a happy NCAgent.

I now have 1,000 posts with these forums. I just want to thank everyone for the fun, knowledge, and experience I got from here. I'll probably make another one of these for 5k. Good luck everyone and happy selling!

Yeah it'll slow down now that I'm at 1k. I was sick from work at that point so I had not much else going on. That was why I had the time to type up this guide.

Great info. I'm a new independent in Charlotte, desperately needing your help. Please send me your contact info!

Back