A New Low For ProspectZone?

CHUMPS FROM OXFORD

Guru
5000 Post Club
Last month, Aetna shipped me some PZ leads. I realize they are the worst leads known to man. But they were free.

You never know where PZ is getting their leads. Under rocks? The SS Disability office?

Well...I received this email from someone I had emailed.

"My information on the internet was a mistake. I received a message about one web site only to be taken to a different web site. I have Health Insurance and I am very happy with what I have.
Please remove me from your contact list.
Thanks -

Well....I was curious what search term he used and how he ended up as a PZ lead. So I asked him. Here's what he emailed back:

I was supposed to be directed to a Hearing Aid website (for a family member).

Sheesh!

And the usual: This is a Forum where opinions are posted. My post is based on personal observation and opinion. There ya go.

I only use PZ for the free leads from the USPC, but I've written about 20 cases with them this year, so I can't really complain given that they were free. I've had plenty of people tell me they were only looking for dental insurance or information on free health insurance.....quality.

In some cases the vendor is clueless. I can become an affiliate today...by having a pulse an approved landing page.

Great....so I become affiliate #43,204 today, get my landing page approved and I'm in business. Then I take a van, drive it into the Baltimore projects and paint:

FREE INFORMATION ON HEALTH INSURANCE FOR $29.95 PER MONTH - VISIT WWW.INNERCITYINSURANCE.COM"

So now the leads start coming in. Does the vendor know how I'm driving traffic to the site?

You might want to drive real fast through the projects . . .

Remember what happened to Chevy Chase when he got lost in Vacation?

This is why choosing your traffic sources are so important, problem I'm seeing here is everyone thinks SEO drives in the highest quality traffic and the truth is most keywords people rank for don't bring in high converting traffic.

Sometimes free leads that get people to dislike you aren't even worth the cost.

"high converting traffic. "

It took me a while to figure that out, but people like Dave and others helped me understand it better."

Oh by the way...I guess I don't need your condo after-all!

I know. I don't mind us losing to Tokyo or Madrid, but if Rio wins I'm going to be T'd off. I think it'll be a win by pity vote.

Back