A question about commission

Most people don’t have what it takes to make it in the biz. They’d rather collect their 401k, insurance, etc while making ok money while the boss makes all the money.

Those people are ok, it’s just not me. I’ll contribute to my own IRA, put my 2.5% of my income towards health insurance and make way more than I could under someone else.

To each their own.

Most people don’t have what it takes to make it in the biz. They’d rather collect their 401k, insurance, etc while making ok money while the boss makes all the money.

Those people are ok, it’s just not me. I’ll contribute to my own IRA, put my 2.5% of my income towards health insurance and make way more than I could under someone else.

To each their own.

I was doing a little bit of both. Plus I've been a call center manager, trainer and supervisor. I agree though, it's not for everyone.

To each their own.

I consider myself to be a somewhat average (maybe slightly above average?) agent... a few new clients every single week consistently.

Amazing what those renewals can do when you stay in the game long term. And the AEP money hitting our banks is not bad either.... but the monthly renewals are more satisfying than any salary.

Plus, the "grind" becomes easier, I think.

I consider myself to be a somewhat average (maybe slightly above average?) agent... a few new clients every single week consistently.

Amazing what those renewals can do when you stay in the game long term. And the AEP money hitting our banks is not bad either.... but the monthly renewals are more satisfying than any salary.

Plus, the "grind" becomes easier, I think.

One of the reasons I started to do things on my own was the renewal income. Not having that steady pay and retirement plan however was hard for me to give up.

The "grind" got to me. It's okay though, I landed on my feet. Interestingly I'm still in insurance, just not in sales LOL

Back