MA Renewal commission question

Steve Lombardo

New to MA agent. I just sold my first MA plan to a client. I understand that my commission will be prorated to what is left for the remainder of the year. My question is when do I receive the renewal commission next year? Is it paid at the beginning of the year or the anniversary of the application?
Thanks in advance for your response

New to MA agent. I just sold my first MA plan to a client. I understand that my commission will be prorated to what is left for the remainder of the year. My question is when do I receive the renewal commission next year? Is it paid at the beginning of the year or the anniversary of the application?
Thanks in advance for your response

Starting in Jan

Haha!! Yeah tell me about it. Can’t wait for all the good stuff they have implemented for 2024.‍♂️

If you’re calling people based on the “new changes for 2024” it’s gonna be a tough go at this career.
There’s no “good stuff” next year. Most plans are the same or a little worse next year.

If you’re calling people based on the “new changes for 2024” it’s gonna be a tough go at this career.
There’s no “good stuff” next year. Most plans are the same or a little worse next year.
Oh I know. I was being sarcastic. They are definitely not making things easy for us. Luckily I am only doing local face to face.
I am fortunate to have a great area to work and have several 5 star plans in my area.

Oh I know. I was being sarcastic. They are definitely not making things easy for us. Luckily I am only doing local face to face.
I am fortunate to have a great area to work and have several 5 star plans in my area.

Nice! FYI, 5 star plans creates a reason for telemarketers to con your clients to move. 5 star plans are typically HMOs with tight networks to get those stars. I typically stay away from them

Back