A Release Anecdotes

Up In Smoke

Super Genius
So I just heard from one of my friends who was in a telesales agency trying to move 10+ agents from Pinnacle Financial Services back to Premier. He said from MGA all the way to the owner of Pinnacle are just playing hardball either remaining silent or pretending they are in no position to grant a release. Interestingly this same group of agents was released by Premier to Pinnacle through a reciprocal release agreement. My friend was confused by this gesture and tried to reach out to the owner of Pinnacle, Kevin Shields, but he never got a reply. The MGA kept saying he's in no position to grant a release, the SGA kept ignoring there was a reciprocal release agreement in place and kept saying the only way to process a release is to go straight to carriers. I was having dinner with them last week and they are so upset and are convinced that Pinnacle probably never releases any agents...not even when it comes to honoring a prior reciprocal release agreement.

If they signed a reciprocal release it is in writing. Having a “promise to release” in writing is useless if you are dealing with someone that yanks agents around.
My Aetna contract used to be with somebody like that. He had agents released to him, but wouldn't release to the FMO that released to him.

My Aetna contract used to be with somebody like that. He had agents released to him, but wouldn't release to the FMO that released to him.

Why would any FMO release an agent? If you were given agents thats someone elaes problem bc biz went bad. Unless the company is out of biz why give em bak?

Back