A Release Anecdotes

If u were an fmo and provided a service to agents to get converted under you why would u release them to another fmo and lose their biz?

This isnt a merry go round industry. Quit flipping fmos just because u arent getting leads or whatever
As an Independent Agent, if I'm not happy with a FMO, or if another FMO offers more value to me, then I'll "flip" FMO's as often as I like. :biggrin:

Last edited:
If u were an fmo and provided a service to agents to get converted under you why would u release them to another fmo and lose their biz?

This isnt a merry go round industry. Quit flipping fmos just because u arent getting leads or whatever

Exactly what kind of “service” is an FMO providing? In some cases, the services can be pretty one-sided. That is when it’s time to leave.

Why stay with you? Who are you to force someone to stay with you? Independent agents are, Independent.
At this point I am not so sure any more. In a certain sense we are all "captive." The regulation is in place to discourage agents/agencies to move their contracts.

Why would any FMO release an agent? If you were given agents thats someone elaes problem bc biz went bad. Unless the company is out of biz why give em bak?
Well I’ve released agents for the last 10-years and it hasn’t been a real problem for me. Unless the FMO and the agent both see an advantage to working together why would you want to force it?

And if you are doing your part right you have very few that want to leave anyway so what’s the problem.

360 , Scott , todd king will release . As Scott says if your doing a good job you won’t want to leave . I’m sure Scott will match another fmo trying to steal his agent with higher comp .

Back