A Rookie Question

I actually think Plan N is better than MAPD for those with no savings but decent SSA, but that’s a TX answer.

But you are going at it wrong. There are 4 parts to Medicare plus Medigap.

Your job is to educate.
Your job is to make sure they understand the rules of OM to MAPD and vice versa.
Your job is to explain the prescription costs.

If you go into every meeting with a goal of “no one ever calls and says they didn’t know that”, you’ll do fine.

My biggest complaint about agents are the people who didn’t understand they couldn’t use AEP to go from MAPD to OM/Medigap without underwriting.

To be fair, I am very thorough in educating my clients and I still have some who "forget" that they will have to go through underwriting to go to a Med Supp.

I would say that is the tendency in general, but I would never make a presentation with that in mind. If someone doesn't want to deal with PA situations, they will find the money somehow. A lot of people will look at the numbers only and go the MA route. Show both in every scenario (with the exception of DSNP) and let them decide. Be impartial. Show prior authorization as well as 5-10% rate increases annually. They know their health and finances far better than you do.

Back